- Job ID
- Units 4-8, Perth Airport, Western Australia, Australia, 6105
C.H. Robinson is one of the largest freight forwarders in the world today. Our culture is driven by our people, process and technology. We promote an atmosphere rich in customer focused execution and entrepreneurial spirit, where creative people share ideas and take ownership in the success of their career and the team. We take care of our people and help them grow.
Our dynamic and ever evolving Perth team is looking for an experienced full time Customs Broker. Our Customs Brokers work directly with customers, overseas offices, and the Australian Customs department to file entries on imported freight, ensure timely coordination of cargo, and perform accurate reporting and billing. The Customs Broker acts as a trusted advisor to our customers, educating them on Australian Customs and Australian Government Agency requirements.
This role is based in our Perth, Airport Office. A hybrid, flexible work arrangement applies for the successful candidate.
- Filing import declarations on behalf of Importers
- Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, databases, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow-up to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with coworkers and other departments to ensure data integrity and compliance with customer SOPs
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the customer experience is seamless
- Understand each assigned customer’s business model and competitive advantages
- Provide subject matter support to Sales Executives and Account Managers
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- ABF Customs Broker license
- AEPCOMM Accreditation
- 1+ years Customs Broker experience
- Tertiary or diploma qualification in a related field
- Leadership skills
- Proven communication and customer service skills
- Reputation for logical, methodical and expedient approach to problem resolution
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in technology systems and software
Equal Opportunity Statement
C.H. Robinson recognizes the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we may invite you to complete the voluntary self-identification. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment, Any information provided will be kept confidential, and separate from your employment application. This information may be used for diversity reporting purposes in accordance with applicable local law.
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.