- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Chicago, Illinois
- Additional Location(s)
- Dallas, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; Des Moines, Iowa
C.H. Robinson is looking to add a Project Manager to our TMC division. As a Project Manager, you will be contributing to high-impact, complex projects. In this role you will be at the forefront of project alignment, collaborating closely with both internal and external stakeholders. Your day-to-day tasks will include gathering the voice of the customer, constructing project charters, crafting detailed project plans, ensuring smooth project delivery, and skillfully managing issue resolution and escalation. With numerous stakeholders and subject matter experts across multiple organizations, your outstanding organizational, communication, and change management skills are vital for success. Are you ready to take the lead in managing critical projects and driving innovation? If so, apply today and join our dynamic team.
- Manage multiple/large-scale, complex projects within a project-based delivery model
- Maintain all project-related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements, and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables
- Manage change collaboratively with all stakeholders, both internal and external, exhibiting confident, assertive leadership in challenging situations
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project-related activities and requests
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, and with high-quality solutions
- Develop innovative solutions to enhance our tools and processes
- Cultivate strong relationships with project teams and customer stakeholders
- Anticipate and proactively address internal and external challenges
- Transfer knowledge to internal teams and provide support as needed
- Leverage technical expertise and industry relationships to shape our strategy and drive business results
- Monitor and report project financials, ensuring alignment with budgeted resource hours and billings
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally)
- Project Management Professional certification
- Preferred to have Project Experience within warehousing and/or packaging
- Work and/or project experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, and/or Logistics
- Strong communication skills: strong listener with exceptional facilitation skills and the ability to tell the story and connect to your audience
- Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts internally and externally at all levels
- Experience working and thriving in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver with minimal oversight
- Experience working directly with customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Experience with lean processes and tools
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Compensation Range$65,300.00 - $135,600.00
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.