- Job ID
- De Vriesstraat 1, Oud-Beijerland, South Holland, Netherlands, 3261 PC
Are you searching for a role where you are able to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travels around the world on a daily basis? Then the Carrier Representative role at C.H. Robinson is perfect for you!
As part of continuous growth and development of our European organization we are now looking for an experienced and talented:
As a Commercial Forwarder, you will focus on securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to deliver the customer's goods on time. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with transportation companies and help them optimize their fleets. This role combines internal sales, account management and operational activities to meet our customers' shipping needs. Through this fast-paced, energetic role, you will make an impact on the European supply chain every day.
- Developing new business, and expanding existing relationships
- Building strong and lasting relationships with key transportation companies
- Utilizing our system to work with data and other sources to make well thought out decisions, negotiate pricing, drive automation, and improve efficiency
- Manage and maintain relationships with external carriers to provide capacity and extend the service level agreements
- Provide exceptional customer service to our carriers and customers
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
- 1+ year work experience within the logistics industry
- Good communication skills English
- Ability to convince, motivate, influence, and negotiate with carriers and customers
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with different stakeholders within the entire company
- Remain positive and flexible in an ever-changing environment with shifting priorities
What do we offer?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic, and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
C.H. Robinson’s European branches are in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment. Our offices speak over 26 European languages each day
- Extensive training opportunities to advance your career
- An independent and varied job
- Compensation includes a monthly salary and bonus based on personal, team performance and business growth
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.