Director Financial Planning and Analysis - Transportation
Director Financial Planning and Analysis - Transportation
- Job ID
- 14701 Charlson Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States, 55347-5090
C.H. Robinson is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to lead the Expense Management function for our North America Surface Transportation (NAST) division. In this critical financial leadership position, you will support the NAST business teams with overall expense management, including forecasting, budgeting, and actual reviews. You will build processes to manage expenses (notably warehouse expense, occupancy, and travel & entertainment). In addition, you will determine best practices while building awareness and accountability. As the leader of the FP&A expense management function, you will be responsible for cultivating a high-performing team through coaching, mentoring, and continuous development. If you're ready to make an impact and take the lead in financial excellence, apply now and join us in shaping the future of C.H. Robinson!
This role is based in the Eden Prairie, MN location and will require 3-4 days per week in office.
- Provide strategic direction and goal setting for the Expense Management function
- Lead the analysis of current and past trends in key performance indicators, providing insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Deliver strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for the expense functions for NAST
- Partner closely with senior business and functional leadership to identify opportunities and key performance indicators to improve business performance
- Assist in prioritizing strategic initiatives and ensure their alignment with the P&L
- Assess Tech expenses and highlight opportunities to reprioritize, eliminate, or accelerate work
- Partner with business and finance teams to enhance processes for claims tracking, recovery, and credit loss, leading to improved forecasting and reduced expenses
- Develop processes that are clear, compelling, and actionable to manage expenses
- Ensure effective management and execution of FP&A and related projects and initiatives
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement across the FP&A function
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading and managing teams; proven success developing talent
- Ability to travel up to 15% (domestically)
- Strong ability to influence multiple stakeholder groups at all levels; able to navigate complex and competing interests of multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Continuous Improvement / Lean Six Sigma tools and processes
- Experience with Oracle financials
- Leadership skills – Ability to develop and coach others
- Strong strategic thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and execute complex project work and responsibilities
- Data analytics, financial analysis, and accounting skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.