Capacity Portfolio Representative - Full-time position starting Summer 2024
Capacity Portfolio Representative - Full-time position starting Summer 2024
Do you enjoy creating new relationships and managing multiple projects? Do you possess a sales-minded approach to your work and enjoy taking charge of your own achievements? If you answered 'yes', step right up and apply for our Capacity Portfolio Representative position. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to excel in account management, creating and maintaining valuable client connections while setting the stage for your personal and professional success. Join us and be the driving force behind fostering lasting partnerships and delivering results.
What does it take to be a successful Capacity Portfolio Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Relationship Driven
Your Future Career Starts Here: Job Openings for Summer 2024
Capacity Portfolio Representative
Do you enjoy creating new relationships? Do you thrive when you are juggling multiple projects, working in harmony with an amazing team, and solving problems? If you answered “yes,” step right up and apply for our Capacity Portfolio Representative position.
You will be responsible for growing and retaining a carrier portfolio, while also executing service delivery to achieve customer commitments. Capacity Portfolio Representatives are C.H. Robinson brand ambassadors, accountable for fostering positive customer experiences while growing your book of business. Here’s where your talent for relationship building, problem solving, and delivering an exceptional customer experience is critical.
To be successful, you will deploy sales persuasion and a sense of urgency plus a keen understanding of your customers’ daily business challenges and supply chain goals. Sound fun? Read on.
So what can we do for you?
When you achieve, we succeed. Our commitment to equipping you for success begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive onboarding program. Jumpstart your knowledge of our company and industry and ensure your proficiency with our systems and processes with through our comprehensive, interactive onboarding program. We invest in your professional growth and development, and help you reach your life goals with our excellent benefits packages. Here, you have the flexibility to create a career that works with your life. Not to mention a collaborative, welcoming culture, inclusive employee resource groups, virtual happy hours, networking events... We could go on and on!
Let’s talk money…
We provide our Capacity Portfolio Representatives with a competitive base salary. Over time, you will also have opportunities to achieve a monthly bonus based on your stellar performance.
Flexibility for your wellbeing
Long-term, this position offers you the flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days per week, and your recruiting team will fill you in on details for your exact position and location in the meantime, depending on the current situation.
We recognize life’s not all about work. That’s why our hybrid work model gives you the flexibility to create a career that works with your personal and professional goals.
On your next adventure, you’ll…
Grow your portfolio
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of carrier’s business, growth goals, preferences, capabilities, equipment, and expertise to maximize the relationship, capacity utilization, use of digital products and carrier satisfaction.
- Monitor the activity and/or dormancy of accounts within the portfolio while also investigating potential causes, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to grow inactive or underutilized accounts.
- Develop an understanding of automated booking products including Book it Now, Auto-Book, Committed Capacity Programs, and the benefits of each to the carrier and C.H. Robinson.
- Build a solid understanding of the C.H. Robinson carrier website and mobile apps’ introducing and informing carriers as new tools or features are released.
- Drive awareness and benefits of carrier payment programs by identifying which products are best suited to each carrier based on needs and preferences
Support Capacity Procurement
- Build an understanding of freight market dynamics, seasonality and supply and demand factors that influence capacity availability and pricing decisions
- Gain expertise with capacity analytical and internal costing tools and use these tools to guide informed buying/negotiating decisions
- Proactively post, negotiate and secure available transactional or desired committed capacity
Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
- Deliver a superior level of service to the carrier by identifying or responding to issues and determining the best course of action while implementing solutions.
- Regularly review carrier feedback and respond accordingly
- Enable carrier’s cash flow by providing cash advances, providing guidance or direct action to resolve payable issues, etc.
Execute Process Efficiency
- Work closely with internal partners on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution
- Enable consistent and accurate transit load visibility
- Reinforce the expectation of on-time pick-up and delivery requirements with carriers and identify any possible root causes issues to improve results
You’re a great fit if you have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Site Specific: Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Even better if you:
- Value a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have experience using customer perspective to guide decisions and actions
- Can persuade, motivate, influence, and negotiate with others
- Display strong decision-making, multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy solutions driven work by leveraging appropriate tools to evaluate and make recommendations
We value an environment where you can grow by challenging yourself and are supported with the potential for internal promotion – within Sales, Global Forwarding, Operations, Account Management or other areas – so you can discover new interests, develop your strengths, and reach your life goals. So what are you waiting for? Click that apply button.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.