Are you excited to be the face of C.H. Robinson? Portfolio Executives are C.H. Robinson brand ambassadors, accountable for growing an existing portfolio of customer accounts while fostering exceptional customer experiences across the life cycle of an order. From pricing customer shipments to providing shipment visibility all the way to the destination, you will drive automation by promoting opportunities where C.H. Robinson technology solutions can add value and improve efficiencies within the customer’s supply chain. You will generate demand and sell services to solve your customers’ daily business challenges and gain a feeling of true pride in the impact of your work.
What makes a successful Portfolio Sales Executive? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Technologically Savvy
There are many journeys you can choose to take with us - this is just one example! We also offer opportunities for advancement and leadership based on your desired path and life goals.
I know that I'm doing well in my job when my volume and revenue grow, and my customers are not looking to go anywhere except me. I love the feeling of success that I get when a customer decides to automate with us, and the exciting part, for me, is growing their businesses of all shapes and sizes.Kim,
Portfolio Executive, Phoenix, AZ
I would describe my job as a sales focused role with operational aspects. I manage a book of business in which I am responsible for maintaining and growing year over year. I have gained so much knowledge and have made many connections. C.H. Robinson gave me a career path in something that is extremely relevant in the world, logistics and supply chain, and the company culture is why I plan to continue to grow my career here.Phillip,
Portfolio Executive, Philadelphia, PA
I came from a position where I worked on one primary account and things were a bit monotonous. The PE role will give you experience in about every part of the business, from selling to the customer, to booking carriers on your own loads. With all the business flowing into the primary segment, our team is growing more each week.Kelvin,
Portfolio Executive, Pooler, GA
Do you seek out adventure and high-energy challenges?Do you thrive when you are juggling multiple projects, working in harmony with an amazing team, and solving problems? If you answered “yes,” step right up and apply for our Portfolio Executive position.
You will be responsible for growing and retaining a customer portfolio, while also executing service delivery to achieve customer commitments. Portfolio Executives are C.H. Robinson brand ambassadors, accountable for fostering positive customer experiences while growing your book of business. Here’s where your talent for relationship building, problem solving, and delivering an exceptional customer experience is critical.
To be successful, you will deploy sales persuasion and a sense of urgency plus a keen understanding of your customers’ daily business challenges and supply chain goals. Sound fun? Read on.
So what can we do for you?
When you achieve, we succeed. Our commitment to equipping you for success begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive onboarding program – an interactive training that’s an engaging mix of activities, self-guided learning, and personalized coaching and mentoring. We invest in your professional growth and development, and help you reach your life goals with our excellent benefits packages. Here, you have the flexibility to create a career that works with your life. Not to mention a collaborative, welcoming culture, inclusive employee resource groups, virtual happy hours, networking events... We could go on and on!
Let’s talk money…
…and how you can earn more of it. This role comes with unlimited potential. A combination of competitive base salary with uncapped commission potential!
Can you go with the flow?
The ever-changing nature of this global pandemic means our work model is constantly evolving. With offices around the globe, we continuously monitor guidelines and protocols to protect your wellbeing.
Long-term, this position offers you the flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days per week, and your recruiting team will fill you in on details for your exact position and location in the meantime, depending on the current situation.
We recognize life’s not all about work. That’s why our hybrid work model gives you the flexibility to create a career that works with your personal and professional goals.
On your next adventure, you’ll…
Drive Service Delivery & Business Development:
- Generate demand by pursuing active accounts by identifying new contacts, product, and service opportunities within portfolio
- Cultivate opportunity to meet & exceed monthly net revenue and volume expectations
- Uncover opportunities for growth within accounts to develop transactional to committed business aligning with customer needs.
- Understand market conditions, and analyze information to make timely and effective decisions
- Ensure quality execution against expectations, identify issues and implement solutions and modal conversion with a sense of urgency
- manage pricing strategies through a clear understanding of customer buying habits and C.H. Robinson’s position within the customer’s supply chain
- Execute upon customer facing operational activities including quoting, load building, shipment activation, and order level service escalations
Deliver Exceptional Customer Service:
- Use effective negotiation and sales strategies in discussing pricing and selling services with the customer
- Manage conflict and navigate difficult conversations with the customer using tact and diplomacy
- Maximize customer experience by taking a pro-active approach to quality control leveraging internal stand-up meetings and customized external KPI alignment
- Collaborate and actively communicate with partners on the capacity/product/supply team regarding customer needs, issues and solutions in order to meet customer expectations
Execute Process Efficiency:
- Leverage customer facing technology to improve efficiencies and time management
- Understand negotiated payment terms and processes and ensures timely invoicing through monthly reviews
- Assist in the development of any SOPs required to manage the customers’ business effectively aligning with internal resources
- Maintain a minimum portfolio size of existing customers by volume and revenue
- Other duties or responsibilities, as assigned, according to the team and/or country specific requirements
You’re a great fit if you have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestically and internationally)
- Site Specific: Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
Even better if you:
- Value a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum of 1 year of previous sales experience
- Are technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Exhibit demonstrated negotiation and sales strategies experience
- Display strong decision-making, multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills
We value an environment where you can grow by challenging yourself, and are supported with the potential for internal promotion – within Sales, Global Forwarding, Operations, Account Management or other areas – so you can discover new interests, develop your strengths, and reach your life goals. So what are you waiting for? Click that apply button.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Customer Account Specialist Minneapolis, Minnesota, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 01/09/2024
- Associate Portfolio Executive Eden Prairie, Minnesota 02/08/2024
- Associate Sales Development Representative Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, Plano, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Phoenix, Arizona, Lisle, Illinois, Grandview Heights, Ohio, Kansas City, Missouri, Nashville, Tennessee, Orange, California, Chicago, Illinois 01/18/2024
- Customer Account Specialist Eden Prairie, Minnesota 02/07/2024
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.