- Job ID
- 901 West Carondelet Drive, Kansas City, Missouri, United States, 64114
C.H. Robinson is seeking a Credit Analyst to join our team and play a pivotal role in driving revenue generation. In this position, you'll focus on assessing customer creditworthiness, approving credit limits within company guidelines, and navigating varying risk profiles and account conditions. Your attention to detail and decisive decision-making will be crucial in reviewing customer accounts and portfolios, identifying and addressing potential credit quality issues to optimize our credit standing and minimize risks. Are you ready to take the next step in your career and play a vital role in revenue generation? If so, we encourage you to apply today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Efficiently process a high volume of new and existing commercial account review requests, ensuring a smooth workflow
- Provide timely responses to department emails, offering expert insights on request approvals, denials, and addressing credit-related inquiries from our sales teams
- Engage in credit-related projects, applying your analytical skills to contribute to the team's success
- Conduct, document, and track the financial aspects of customer reviews, determining ongoing creditworthiness through a meticulous review process
- Proactively request updated documentation from customers as part of performing scheduled reviews, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of unsecured commercial credit evaluation or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Understanding of how market, industry, and financial trends will impact credit worthiness
- Financial statement analysis experience
- Experience interpreting various credit scores and debt ratings
- Knowledge of bankruptcies
- Ability to know how customers differ depending on size and ownership
- Comfortable in dealing with determined salespeople
- Confident talking to senior management both in house as well as at the customer
- Effective and flexible communication, and organizational skills
- Able to document and defend reasoning behind a decision (approval or denial)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good analytical, observational, and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.