Global Senior Brand Manager Campari
Marketing & Communications
Sesto San Giovanni, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Campari Group today is a major player in the global branded spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, marketed and distributed in over 190 markets around the world, with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 22 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 22 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.Shares of the parent company Davide Campari - Milano N.V. are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Campari Group is today the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. CAMPARI GROUP WILL BE CLOSED FROM THE 4TH TO THE 20TH OF AUGUST INCLUDED – DO NOT EXPECT FEEDBACK ON YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE 22ND OF AUGUST. Key Responsibilities and Activities: GLOBAL BRAND POSITIONING Contributes to all stages of the refinement of the positioning process, under the lead of the Global Marketing Manager and liaising with the Global Business Intelligence team and the key local Brand Teams, injecting both creative and structured strategic thinking throughout the process.Key activities:
- Contribute to the development of the brand positioning as the north star for the brand strategy,
- Support the Campari integration with Business Intelligence, in the cross-brand overview and coherence with the brand values.
- Support in leading conversations with the local Brand Team, identifying potential portfolio synergies and fit with the local needs
- Prepare the brief for the development of the campaign platform and concept idea
- Coordination of the different agencies involved in the creative platform development (ATL, PR, Digital) and cross-functional teams (finance, legal, procurement)
- Collaborate with local markets to review country-level marketing plan to ensure alignment with global objectives and strategies, and a smooth execution based on global guidelines.
- Coordinates and define with the markets, in coordination with the MM, the objectives, communication concept and expected deployment targets
- Stimulating consistency in the activation and execution of the strategy with Local Markets, understanding the opportunity for adaptation to maximize the local relevance
- Engage markets on a regular basis to create a constructive and collaborative relationship, collecting best practices
- Analyzes post-launch analytics and extract lessons learnt on an omnichannel campaign, liaising with markets
- consumer insight brief elaboration, delivery to internal stakeholders and brief delivery to design agency
- Liquid and packaging development management & validation
- Business case elaboration (incl. both financial and launch targets and KPI to fit Campari Group’s standards
- Developing familiarities with the main local requirements and constraints of the key markets, proactively supporting the IPM to run smooth innovation processes ensuring the project delivery on time and in full
- T racking and facilitating respect of the project Gantt, in collaboration with the IPM and including participation in the Campari Group Springboard process when needed, and clear communication with markets to ensure their onboarding
- In case of special locally driven innovation projects, responsible to guarantee coherence with the global strategy
- Develop a straightforward GSR package leveraging on Brand Plans review as well as global consumer insights and market research.
- Prepares and conducts meetings in the relevant markets, and under the supervision of the Global Marketing Manager
- Facilitates the integration of GSR recommendation into the Strategic Plans elaborated by Markets, tracking it during the whole year plan cycle
- Monitors the brand profitability trends and analyzes variances versus plans, liaising with Global FP&A
- Creative platform – bringing to life a m ulti touchpoints assets activation & inspirations for local markets
- Straightforward guidelines and initiatives for RTM setting and development, both within the on-premise, off trade and e-commerce channels teams
- Brand PR, Digital and Experiential approach, guidelines and contents to be developed/adapted locally
- Leadership and development of periodical (quarterly, monthly) alignments with the local markets, to share and understand strategic directions, thoughts and learning about the business
- Become a key point of contact for the global Campari brand community for support over global projects.
- Preparation and execution of the Marketing Management Team Meeting and Brand Forums, including all internal decks for the top management periodical updates.
- Contributes to developing the GSM annual budget related to A&P and SG&A
- Manage internal requests for budget tracking & analysis of key products.
- Develop business cases to sustain NPD discussions across markets and with top management.
- Manages the budget throughout the year in line with internal GSM procedure for expenses approval
- Tracks budget phasing and variations working closely with Global FP&A
- 6-7 years of Brand Marketing experience within Wines & Spirits or Beverage industries and/or FMCG, with demonstrated career progression and leadership. Preference for a candidate with experience in building premium/lifestyle brands.
- Tracked experience in developing an ATL/BTL campaign from ideation to execution
- Experience in delivering NPD outputs through strong cross-functional teamwork
- Markets sensibility and track record in establishing strong relationship with affiliates
- Experience both in strategic and operational marketing roles (global/regional and local) strongly preferred
- Relevant international experience: having worked and lived in different countries is a strong plus
- Exposure to a structured multinational context and matrix organizations