Commercial FP&A Manager (m/f/d) AT & Export CE
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
CAMPARI GROUP Campari Group is a major player in the global spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, spreading across Global, Regional and Local priorities. Global Priorities, the Group’s key focus, include Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, SKYY, Wild Turkey and Grand Marnier.The Group was founded in 1860 and today is the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. It has a global distribution reach, trading in over 190 nations around the world with leading positions in Europe and the Americas. The Group’s growth strategy aims to combine organic growth through strong brand building and external growth via selective acquisitions of brands and businesses.Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari owns 18 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 20 countries. The Group employs approximately 4,000 people. The shares of the parent company Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI - Bloomberg CPR IM) have been listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Role OverviewThe Commercial FP&A Manager will enable the Commercial function in partnership with Sales and Customer- and Channel-Marketing (CCM) organizations, drive profitable growth through increased focus on the effectiveness of Trade- and Promo investments, and through the proactive identification of profit/growth opportunities across Channel, Customers and Brand combinations.The position will work cross-functionally to design and develop processes and procedures, tools and ways of working to implement and lead the Commercial Finance function for Campari Austria domestic and export Central Europe (CZ, SK, HU).The function also provides recommendations, analytics and integrates data as needed to support for short-to-long term decision-making, drive key initiatives as well as supports the budgeting and forecasting processes. Key Responsibilities And ActivitiesBusiness and Analytical Support
- Guide and support Commercial and CCM functions during the budgeting and forecasting process in order to build Trade Term & Promo Investments budget proposals/inputs, ensuring the outcomes are consistent with overall financial goals of the company.
- Co-pilot development of Trade Term & Promo Investment strategy Commercial and CCM teams to deliver value and profit growth across Channels / Customers / Brands combinations.
- Maintain and analyze P&L and run Value Chain by Channels, Customers and Brands. Develop process and simulation tools to track profitability of key combinations across Channels, Customers, Brands to i) aiming to ensure achieving defined financial and business KPIs ii) identify opportunities to further improvements of financial and business KPI’s via Revenue Optimization programs as well as iii) providing general recommendation to management. Identifying risks and opportunities for target achievement.
- Provide analytical support pre-/post-mortem to determine the feasibility, financial return on investment, estimated spend and forecasted targets (target KPI’s) for Commercial programs.
- Analyze and monitor sell-in/sell-out and depletions trends, competitive pricing and external size mix trends to identify risks and opportunities and proactively provide recommendations to management to improve mix and profitability across Channels, Customers and Brands.
- Lead the planning and implementation of price negotiations from Commercial Finance function perspective by providing value adding financial case scenarios.
- Direct Reporting line into Finance Manager.
- Coordinate with FP&A team monthly Top Line closing process (Turnover, Excise Tax, Net Sales) providing commentary on the performance against budget and business KPI’s.
- Consolidate and submit financial data as required to support the company Budget Planning and forecasting processes from a Commercial and CCM PoV.
- Manage internal and external audit procedures in the responsible area
- Internal / Local: Leadership Team, Commercial and CCM Teams (all layers), FP&A and Accounting, Marketing, Customer Service, GBS
- Internal / Regional: Regional FP&A, Regional IT Team
- External: External Auditors, Consultants involved in Commercial projects being rolled out locally, Finance counterparts of customers
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field is required. Master’s degree would be a plus.
- Min. 5 years business experience in Commercial Finance & Controlling of multinational FMCG companies with focus on Sales and Commercial Customer Marketing area
- Experience in FP&A / Accounting / Tax is a strong plus
- Experience with planning and reporting tools
- Highly analytical with advanced commercial awareness
- Fluent in Germany and English is a must, any other foreign language is a plus
- Strong understanding of complex pricing and profitability simulation models.
- Outstanding analytical ability to conduct research, analyze and organize large quantities of data and resolve complex problems. Drive actionable insights from massive data sets.
- Able to identify problems and suggest excellent implementation of solutions.
- Advanced Excel user is a must. Power BI knowledge is a plus.
- SAP R3 and/or S4 Hana is a must
- Experience with legacy systems to manage commercial finance is a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strongly customer focused
- Strong focus and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Be a strong team player with a sense of ownership and initiative to drive things forward.
- Proactive, pragmatic, hands on approach, problem solver
- Flexible, but firm when necessary