Quality Specialist 1
Lawrenceburg, KY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
This role is at Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY. Campari Group is a major player in the global spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, spreading across Global, Regional and Local priorities. Global Priorities, the Group’s key focus, include Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, SKYY, Wild Turkey and Grand Marnier. The Group was founded in 1860 and today is the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. It has a global distribution reach, trading in over 190 nations around the world with leading positions in Europe and the Americas. The Group’s growth strategy aims to combine organic growth through strong brand building and external growth via selective acquisitions of brands and businesses. Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 18 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 20 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.General Description of the RoleThe Quality Specialist will support PSC for the Wild Turkey Distillery. This position is responsible for the application and adherence of all quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of product consistent with established standards, Campari specifications, customer expectations and production goals.Mission/ObjectivesKey Responsibilities and ActivitiesSafety:
- Follow prescribed PPE safety and clothing requirements for the designated work areas.
- Ensure all suppliers and vendors comply with relevant ISO and food safety standards.
- This position shall work with the North American Quality team to resolve any critical quality issues as defined by the US Quality Director, Plant Director, or Packaging Quality Supervisor.
- Ensure incoming raw materials are in compliance with specifications.
- Comply with all regulatory GMP, ISO, and food safety standards related to the packaging department.
- Conduct regular quality audits throughout the process to ensure products of the highest quality, representing Campari and customer expectations.
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to resolve identified quality risks.
- Assist in the development of quality inspection and testing procedures and criteria, supporting the Packaging Quality Laboratory.
- Work with packaging employees on inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle, ensuring package quality.
- Ensure all testing is done per procedure.
- Maintain all quality instrumentation, including calibration, validation, and general equipment maintenance.
- Ensure all required product and package testing is completed in a timely manner and meets the needs of Packaging Operations.
- Identify and participate in cost saving measures, supporting PSC.
- Ensure all testing and equipment records are accurately completed and stored per retention policy.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- North American Quality Team
- Packaging Quality Manager
- Risk Director
- Packaging Director
- Packaging Department
- Raw material suppliers/vendors
- Packaging suppliers/vendors
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a technician/analyst in a manufacturing Quality Control lab performing physical/chemical analysis.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in beverage or beverage alcohol is a plus.
- A background in advanced chemical analysis (e.g., GC, GC-MS, HPLC, etc.) and sensory analysis is a plus
- Lean Manufacturing techniques a plus.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures/methods.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Experience with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and ISO 9001 & 22000 a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Engineering, Quality, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- Strong chemistry and mathematical skills are required.
- Analyze statistical data to establish quality of finished products.
- Must be capable of performing organoleptic analysis (visual, aroma, taste)
- Provide technical support to teams.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, to include interaction with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A working knowledge of TTB regulations, ISO requirements and Food Safety processes to include HACCP.