Lawrenceburg, KY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Distillery Truck DriverGeneral Description of the RoleA Truck Driver is a union hourly position responsible for transporting barrels and tankers and other finished goods between the production and warehouse areas. Truck driver is also responsible to spot trailers as need and assist with loading and unloading barrels. Truck driver must possess a CDL license and Hazmat certification.Mission/ObjectivesThe Truck Driver will transport and spot trailers to ensure safe and efficient operations in the warehouse and packaging departments.Key Responsibilities and ActivitiesQuality:
- Comply with established work area quality and consistency checks and measures. Must be attentive at all times.
- Comply with all GMP, ISO and food safety standards related to the work site areas.
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to drive continuous improvement and/or to resolve quality risks when identified.
- In coordination with the site EH&S Manger, ensure the work site operations comply with GMP practices and site safety rules.
- Must drive truck in a safe manner and abide by all DOT and company rules regarding safe operations.
- Adhere to and promote a safe working environment. This includes keeping all materials, supplies, tools and any other production related items in their place. Adherence to 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) standards is expected of the operator.
- Immediately report any safety items related to you or any other employee to your supervisor or any other management representative. Safety items to be reported include but are not limited to bodily injury, near misses, potential dangers, spills and/or any other accidents.
- Must be able to effectively drive a truck to include pulling trailers and tankers, backing into docks, and traveling over the road.
- Must be able to work efficiently and ensure quality of warehousing inventory, barrel movements, and housekeeping.
- Will be responsible for the efficient handling of empty barrels, offloading / loading trucks and standing barrels.
- This position requires work in outside temperatures.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Processing Supervisor
- Packaging Director
- EH&S Manager
- Bottling Management
- Maintenance Department
- Quality Department
- Material suppliers
- NGS suppliers
- Truck driving experience required.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- CDL required.
- Clean driving record required.
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail