Customer Channel Marketing Specialist - India (East)
Marketing & Communications, Customer Service
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Campari Group today is a major player in the global branded spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, marketed and distributed in over 190 markets around the world, with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 22 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 22 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.Shares of the parent company Davide Campari - Milano N.V. are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Campari Group is today the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. General DescriptionCampari Group is the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, including Aperol, Campari, SKYY, Wild Turkey and Grand Marnier. The Group has a global distribution reach, trading in over 190 nations around the world with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.In India we have a great portfolio of brands across categories and only growing with market presence across relevant Indian states: Aperol, Campari, Skyy Vodka, Bulldog Gin , The Glen Grant Single Malt , Wild Turkey Bourbon , Cinzano Prosecco & Rosso & Old Smuggler Blended Scotch Whisky.The CCM Specialist role is focused in contributing to the development of Campari Group’s portfolio in the on-trade & off trade by driving penetration in the target outlets and ensuring proper brand education and world-class execution of visibility / promotional activities / events in the distributed outlets. The incumbent has a passion for mixology, demonstrated through knowledge of cocktails and on-trade trends, a working knowledge of how on-trade outlets operate (i.e., menu creation, drink profitability, brand selection etc) is critical. Mission/Objectives
- Ensuring that Commercial Objectives for the on trade & off trade channel, brand and customer KPI's (including: Sales, Profitability, Market Share) are delivered.
- To win at the point of sale by ensuring superior and consumer experience to boost brand building effectiveness. Ensuring Executional KPIs (including: back bar displays , menu listing , speed/quality of execution, positive customer feedback) are delivered.
- Plan , lead and handle overall execution of brand activation caledar in line with the MWB and support project planning.
- Customize & implement bespoke programs (as per brand guidelines)
- Brand theme activities: Sundowners, Pool Parties, Cocktail Week, Negroni Week, Father’s Day, Valentines, Whisky Appreciations, etc
- Plan , lead , execute the bar staff training calendar for the portfolio
- Ensuring training and development of the execution force through on the job training and scheduling training calendar ( Distributor + Campari Commercial Teams ), deployment of tools i.e. CAO
- Drive on-trade segmentation in line with global model yet relevant to India RTM
- Ensure that merchandise standards “The Perfect Store” are adhered to for best in class execution of all BTL activations
- Create a on trade scorecard for KPI definition for On-premise accounts / national chains
- Work collaboratively with the brand marketing and commercial sales teams ( Campari India & the distributor teams), leading the development and implementation of BTL Activity calendar in line with our Must Win Battle.
- Ensures POS is 100% compliant with the Brand Guideline & 100% fit for purpose, in sufficient quantities to achieve visibility objectives in all relevant outlets,as per the annual aligned plan
- Support in the development and execution of Consumer & Shopper activations, including point of sale, gift packs ( packaging & gifts ), in-store displays, sales toolkits and sampling activations, consistent with Perfect Store guidelines .
- Customize visibility initiatives for outlets
- Explore opportunities in image outlets in both on & off trade
- Brand walls, wall bays , shelf in shelf , festive gandolas etc
- Incentive planning & deployment to drive recommendation
- End to end execution of the training modules supported by the local or national training agency & commercial teams
- Partner with the key local bartenders to nurture and execute dialogue content – menu creation , bespoke drinks , cocktail menu’s , pairings , leverage their digital reach by promoting our drinks etc
- Proven track record of working in On/Off Trade - Key Accounts Sales, Retail Sales , Brand Management or Trade Activation (2-6 yrs).
- Demonstrated experience in managing expense budgets, procurement, and both Agency and Customer relationships
- Post Graduation Degree with relevant subject focus preferred
- Demostated ability to work within cross functional teams, and showcase influencing skills
- Experience managing large cross functional commercial projects desirable
- Strong relationships in On Premise and Bartender community
- Knowledge of the Liquor industry and regulatory environment, and communication guidelines
- Knowledge of the on-premise activaiton planning/ management/ operation
- Ability to network and build strong relationships
- Monthly Trade Visits to maintain relevance, exposure to market, challenges & trends
- Analyze market / competitor trends
Int ernal: Marketing & Brand Team, Campari Commercial Managers, Distributor State- Regional Teams, Finance Team , Head CCM team.
External : Key Customers within the Region, Agencies, POS Logistics , Design & gifting agencies , production partners (printers, pos material units etc ) , bartenders , training agencies , wedding planners.
Project Management - The ability to put together required resource, cost, and timelines to execute the proposed activation plan for the State. Understanding how best to engage and influence key stakeholders to ensure that executional standards are met and delivered on time in full.
Presenting and Communicating - Able to present information, ideas and proposals and communicate in an influential, confident, clear and open way with both internal and external stakeholders. Being able to articulate strategy, and demonstrate how it connects through to the channel execution plan is central.
Relating and Networking - The ability to establish relationships both inside and outside the organisation as well as cultivating a wide range of contacts that lead to a greater ability to source information and build competitive advantage.
Market Intelligence :
At Campari Group we believe in building more value together, thus we see diversity in all forms as a source of enrichment. Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note to applicants:
Your application will be assessed based on your abilities, expertise, general knowledge and experience, not because of any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information you may possess. You must not disclose to Campari Group any such information. In the event that you are asked a question that cannot be answered without disclosure of any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information (including from a current or prior employer or their vendors or customers), you must decline to answer the question.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency