RARE Luxury Portfolio Manager - Texas
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Campari Group today is a major player in the global branded spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, marketed and distributed in over 190 markets around the world, with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 22 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 22 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.Shares of the parent company Davide Campari - Milano N.V. are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Campari Group is today the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry. CAMPARI RARE Launched in 2021, Campari RARE US is a dedicated luxury brand building division headquartered in New York City. With a dedicated team across consumer, customer and channel marketing, as well as sales, the goal of Campari RARE is to unlock the path to growth for ultra-premium + brands in the US market.Campari RARE leads a portfolio of over 10 brands and high marques, ranging from partially established gems to new-to-the-market propositions. The portfolio includes, but is not limited to, the following: Russell's Reserve Bourbon, Bisquit & Dubouche Cognac, Champagne Lallier, Mayenda Tequila, The Glen Grant Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Wilderness Trail Bourbon, The Barons Series Collection, Appleton Estate 21yo Rum, Grand Marnier Grandes Cuvees, Jean-Marc XO Vodka, Braulio, and Del Professore Vermouth. General Description Of The RoleThe Luxury Portfolio Manager is responsible for driving value and market share growth, desirability and visibility for the brands across the Campari RARE portfolio. Their focus is key off and on account relationship-building, selling and management (70% of the time) supplemented by Distributor activity coordination (30% of the time), in one concentrated geography of the US.To learn more about Campari, visit us at www.campari.com Responsibilities Key Account Management
- Targets a set of on and off premise accounts on the local area, where the Campari RARE portfolio can reach the consumer target for Ultra Premium+ wines & spirits, building strong relationships with these key accounts and expanding this network over time.
- Creates and executes annual key account plans among those accounts, that build distribution, visibility and velocity for the Campari RARE portfolio.
- Ensures flawless execution of all activations in the accounts, such as educational events/tastings, features, visibility in account, presentations of new launches etc. including the tracking of performance of these accounts against KPIs.
- Conducts staff trainings and develops equity-building incentive programs to ensure that the Campari RARE brands are at the forefront of the staff’s mind within targeted accounts.
- Coordinates with the broader local Campari and distributor teams on planning these accounts, to ensure maximum efficiency and results for the full Campari America business.
- Works in conjunction with Campari RARE’s Marketing and Channel & Customer Marketing teams on the planning and execution of local activations, sponsorships and events that increase the presence, visibility, and equity of all RARE brands within the target market.
- Monitors and reports competitive landscape at the local level.
- Supports the Marketing teams efforts in communications and exposure for the brands, working within Campari guidelines to amplify activities through social media and other local targeted channels.
- Assists in developing and implementing an annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives.
- Coordinates the execution of orders and agreed to programs in assigned key accounts following the blueprint developed by Campari RARE Sales Director in conjunction with distributor sales teams.
- In conjunction with the Campari RARE Sales Director and broader Campari America local team, conducts periodic meetings with key distributor teams on business planning and executional progress for RARE in the market.
- Works with key salespeople from distributor network to drive distribution, display, promotion, awareness, and trial for priority brands in assigned key accounts.
- Manages assigned budgets including incentives, travel & entertainment, and other departmental expenses.
- Ensures all sales practices are compliant with laws and regulations, plus adhere to company policies.
- Provides recapping and reporting on local programs and initiatives, including performance metrics against goals and recommendations for future activity.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in alcoholic beverage sales, the higher-value segment of the market (>$50 per bottle) is preferred.
- Current and effective in-market alcohol beverage account relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Business Administration.
- Experienced in in-market selling.
- Ability to develop creative brand-building commercial programs that drive volume and share growth in key accounts.
- Strong account management and follow-up skills.
- Results oriented.
- Fiscally responsible, with an understanding on how to deliver net sales growth and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with product sales strategy - ability to develop compelling selling stories to grow distribution and volume sales.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and experience in working with a multi-brand portfolio.
- Thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel (30-40%)