Jalisco del Refugio, Jal., Mexico
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Campari Group today is a major player in the global branded spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, marketed and distributed in over 190 markets around the world, with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 22 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 22 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.Shares of the parent company Davide Campari - Milano N.V. are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Campari Group is today the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry.
- PLEASE SUBMIT ALL RESUMES/CVS IN ENGLISH*
- Lead the development, implementation and managent country-wide of the end-to-end FS&Q processes and certifications, ensuring effective practices, managing hazards and controlling risks while ensuring compliance with global guidelines and policy, quality and brand standards, legal requirements and costumer specifications;
- Oversees laboratory operations, responsible for testing/inspecting and releasing materials for use in product manufacturing and packaging and final product testing
- Responsible for the quality aspects associated with materials management, manufacturing, packaging, storage and release of all products produced at the Manufacturig sites located in Mexico.
- Lead resolution of escalated Quality & Food Safety issues at country level, including internal and external communication, root cause investigation, preventative and corrective actions.
- Collaborates with R&D, Purchasing and Engineering functions to define the FS&Q requirements for external suppliers, co- Manufacturers and 3PLs;
- Ensure technical support on first productions and manufacturing lines validation at Suppliers, Plant, Co-Manufacturers.
- Develop and implement programmes to improve Q&FS performance, reduce consumer and customer complaints in a systematic way and roll out across all manufacturing plants with specific focus on reducing serious ones and avoiding reoccurences.
- Provide technical and FS&Q awareness training to Operations personnel to drive a FS&Q culture ;
- Drives the performance of the team by cascading organizational objectives, defining personal performance targets and appraising performance of direct reports at the end of the performance management cycle.
- Collaborates with Directors, Managers, and HR business partner to identify and implement learning and development initiatives to close competency gaps within the team;
- Ensure the implementation/management of quality performance indicators for Suppliers, Plant, and Co-packers in cooperation with other areas and funtions to maximize product reliability and minimize costs;
- Provide technical support to the leadership team in the decision-making process.
- Contribute to annual capital and budget planning process on topics related to FS&Q taking into account Global and Regional function priorities;
- Manage the development of quality packaging materials and ingredients, and new suppliers in a cost-effective manner from concept to production to ensure on-time and successful product launches providing relevant information to project stakeholders.
- Manage the development of new products based on Marketing and Commercial areas guidelines.
- Effectively interact with Operations, Engineering, Logistics and Procurement areas in order to ensure products supply strategies, providing recommendation of packaging materials and ingredients supply sources, defining risks associated with new projects and setting up new vendors.
- Ensure formulas and processes are compliant with the standards established on the manufacturing instructions;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar position or minimum of 7 years in Quality Supervisor position.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required and Master's degree preferred in Chemical or Food Engineering, Chemist or related field.
- Execution and results oriented;
- Ability to analyze and trend statistical data;
- Critical thinking;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of business;
- A working knowledge of US alcoholic beverage regulations;
- Solid knowledge on GMP, FSSC 22000 and/or ISO 22000 requirements;
- A working knowledge of Mexican Alcoholic Beverages regulations;
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge on industrial processes in the beverage industry
- Solid knowledge of packaging materials and ingredients used in the processes.
- Understanding of food packaging equipment design/function and their relationship to packaging materials & designs;
- Solid knowledge in printing materials processes, packaging technology and development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Domain software MS Project is a plus;
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate with large groups of people;
- Project management;
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus;
- Lean/Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Team player.
- Proficiency in English.