Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Are you looking to kick-start your career with a growing global business?
We are currently recruiting a Customs Clearance Clerk to join our amazing Manchester Airport branch (10 minute walk from Manchester Airport train/metrolink station) on an initial 6 month fixed-term contract. In this role you will be responsible within a team to coordinate and organise the full range of customs services, starting with order acceptance, registering the order, collecting all relevant documents until the release of goods and customs clearance. You will receive extensive internal and external training as well as an online training for customs legislation and foreign trade, as well as daily support. We are open to varying levels of experience but this role would suit someone who has previously worked in a data entry/admin role.
This role will involve working 1 in 3 weekends - 4 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours on a Sunday.
Friday is an allocated day off for those scheduled in at the weekends.
Sundays are paid at double time.
This role will be hired on an initial 6 month fixed-term contract with a possibility of becoming permanent.
At cargo-partner, we believe in comprehensive training, loyalty, and internal promotion to help our staff reach their full potential and our operations management team are there to support you in your personal development and give you the tools to build a successful career in the freight forwarding industry. There couldn't be a better time to join cargo-partner as we have recently expanded our UK operation as well as opened new offices in Spain, Mexico, and India this year - if you're looking to join a truly global business then cargo-partner might just be for you!
Who are we?
cargo-partner are a global info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing solutions. With nearly 40 years expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization, we design tailor-made services for a wide range of industries to create competitive benefits for our customers all around the world. We are a diverse workforce with over 140 offices in more than 40 countries across the globe with new locations having already opened this year as we look to continue our growth.
• Completing export customs clearance entries
• Liaising with UK exporters to obtain the correct information needed for completing the entries
• Completing TSS customs clearance entries
• Speaking with European hauliers to obtain invoices, vehicle numbers, ports of entry, import contact details
• Speaking with UK importers to obtain their customs clearance instructions
• Strong customer-facing and interaction skills with high-level of customer orientation
• Team engagement and support
• The ability to work under pressure to deadline
• Support and live company values
What we can offer:
• Competitive entry level salary
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Newly refurbed Manchester Airport office
• Free parking
• Full training will be provided for you to enter the exciting world of Freight Forwarding
• Stability of employment working with a true international logistics business
• Opportunity to progress through the business
• A great team dynamic with a supportive and friendly culture
At cargo-partner we understand that our people are our greatest asset so if you're interested in working for a company than truly values and supports their workforce then please submit your application; or if you'd like to discuss the role in a little more detail please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 160 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
Find out more about cargo-partner from our Youtube channel
Learn about Life at cargo-partner here
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!