- Management of organization including staffing (personnel management, evaluation of mix of staff, consultants, and contractors, training), work scheduling, work coordination, controlling (standards establishment, scheduling, contract administration, policy and procedure execution), counseling, performance evaluations
- Facility planning and forecasting
- Space planning, allocation and management including alteration management, renovation management, furniture installation, datacom installation, voice installation, provision of furnishings, procurement (to alter, renovate, and install), and project management
- Budgeting and accounting including economic justifications, financial forecasting, budget formulation, budget execution, rent/expense allocations
- Operations, maintenance and repair including preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, cyclic maintenance, pest and rodent control, and correction of hazards (bad air quality)
- Disaster Recovery
- Telecommunications, data communications, wire and network management including maintenance and central voice operations
- Security and life-safety management including code compliance and security system management
- General administrative services including mail and messenger management, archiving, shredding
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Day-to-day management
- Lease-related property issues
- Provision of necessary services
- Responding to requests
- Enable / Implement / Ensure CRE services. Provide CRE service and support to specific business area(s) of medium scale/ complexity e.g. Cluster or cross-business
- Ensure CRE service delivery, process improvement, change implementation of financial changes
- Handle and resolve complex and more difficult CRE issues
- Manage service relationship with specific business unit/ area for range of CRE services
- Develop CRE solutions that reflect best practices and work across multiple business areas/ geographies
- Focus on ensuring positive business impact of CRE within own area
- Provide consulting on CRE matters to senior business team, drawing on specialist colleagues as needed
- Manages and accountable for the financial performance of a business area, ensuring that their teams have in place the systems required to manage costs, revenue and profitability in line with market opportunities
- Adapts their own communication style, approach, level of message and choice of media as appropriate to reflect the needs of a wide variety of audiences and situations, and help their teams to do the same
- Knowledgeable in main products, services and business processes of their key business and basic knowledge of all other divisions
- Uses business knowledge and market data to develop solutions and establish clear priorities for actions to increase performance of the division
- Contributes to strategic discussions with business partners / customers
- Uses deep knowledge of real estate terminology and principles in two or more specific areas of expertise
- Applies broad / deep real estate knowledge to mostly complex issues
- Advises the respective level of management and others on consequences of business decisions on compliance
- Build relationships. Builds relationships and advises key project stakeholders
- Resolve conflict. Has the ability to effectively manage project conflict to an appropriate resolution
- Gains support
- Emphasizes how costs and problems can be minimized
- Handles objections
- Challenges the points of view expressed by others
- Gets other people to support your views
- Inspire the organization to respond positively to change
- Directs the implementation of change programs taking appropriate action to ensure success
- Ability to use a change management methodology (ACT)
- Uses a wide range of change management skills and is fully conversant with a wide range of ACT tools and techniques
- Project definition and scope management
- Defines the project scope based on required timescales, resource and budget availability and with consideration to project challenges and risks
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to deal well with people on all levels both internally and externally
- Capable of good oral and written communication
- Customer service oriented
- Cost conscious
- Capable of concurrent problem solving
- Comfortable with and capable of quantitative measurement
- 3 to 5 years experience in management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Great opportunity to work for the biggest logistics company in the world
- International and virtual environment
- Flexibility and great opportunity to learn
- Tempting Compensation and benefits
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions.
Responsible for providing project management, engineering expertise, and related functions within a mechanical handling and facility environment for start-up and implementation projects. Plans, designs, and implements layouts of warehouse / plant, office, and material handling equipment, including automation, in order to provide the maximum utilization of facilities and efficiency of operations. Directs scope definition, design, budgeting, scheduling, solution layouts, purchasing, cost estimating and control, implementation, system integration, documentation, report writing, start-up, and training. Provides leadership and direction to lower level engineering staff and site based facility management personnel. Coordinates and leads local authority license, permitting, and approval requirements.
• Directs and performs project management and engineering functions with local vendors, including (but not limited to): scope definition, design, budgeting, scheduling, solution layouts, purchasing, cost estimating and control, implementation, system integration, documentation, report writing, start-up and training.
• Applies understanding of Good Mechanical Handling and Facility Practices for the Logistics Industry and associated products. Ensures utilization of Good Mechanical Handling and Facility Processes by subordinate staff, engineering, and operations related to facilities and equipment.
• Design and install safe mechanical and material handling systems and processes.
• Select and manage outside contractors as required to meet project, customer, product, and capacity requirements. Selects and manages use of external vendors and contractors for engineering and maintenance-related projects.
• Stays abreast of technology enhancements within the industry.
• Leads and directs large, multi-site continuous improvement projects and implementation of solutions.
• Partners with customer and internal operations and solutions personnel to develop requirements and define solution sets.
• Partners with Business Development on potential new business to determine engineering impact.
• Develops business cases related to capital projects, including associated project plans and cost estimates. Navigates approval processes and manages installation of capital improvements.
• Coordinates and leads local authority license, permitting, and approval requirements for facility and solution fit-outs.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with focus in engineering, with particular emphasis on Mechanical, Electrical, Facilities, and/or Maintenance Engineering., required
• 10+ years of experience in engineering, with particular emphasis on project or engineering management., required
• 3-5 years of project management experience in a Logistics and/or engineering environment, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.