Regional Tender Manager, Ocean Freight
Job Title: Regional Tender Manager, Ocean Freight
Job Location: Miami, FL
We have an exciting opportunity for Regional Tender Manager, Ocean Freight to oversee pricing activities within our Regional Ocean Commercial Center (ROCC) team. ROCC team specializes in responding to our customers’ complex Request for Quotations (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) managed through our Bid Management Team (BMT).
This position will interface with Regional & Global product teams and all Sales channels within the Americas Region. This role is responsible for ensuring the projects led by them are completed accurately, on time and with a best in class solution. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with their global counterparts & all stakeholders, look for ways to improve the overall team hit rate and drive product competency development.
- Bid Screening and T&C approvals
- Rates collection in interface with countries in the Americas and other regional teams
- Sanity Checks for accuracy, compliance and adequacy of rates received from counterparts
- The coordination of the country specific rate collection, consolidation of replies, technical narratives and front end / back end Internal Pricing Template/Customer Pricing Template conversion
- Support the Gatekeeper from pre-bid to post bid on nominated OFR opportunities
- Ability to work in a complex matrix structure with various stakeholders, business units, functions and products to achieve business objectives, while delivering a winning solution to our customers
- Engagement with product, commercial, customers and management at all levels globally
- Recommend optimal solutions to improve service processes, needs and objectives of our customers
- Ability to understand and present DGF products and services, focusing on the value proposition DGF has to offer (when required)
- Comfort level in presenting and attending face to face meetings with our commercial team & gate keeper to ensure DGF’s proposal is presented intelligently, accurately, and competitively
- Ensure continuous improvement by implementing First Choice, Station Improvements and adherence to quality policies
- Produce weekly, monthly reports and other ad-hoc reports as maybe required by management.
Skills / Requirements:
- 5-10 years logistics industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of Ocean Freight forwarding business and understanding of supply chain logistics
- Proficient understanding of Ocean Freight product offering
- Strong project management skills paired with pro-active behavior to stay on top of multiple deadlines for multiple bids in parallel
- Good communication skills to properly engage with various country OCCs
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Mature judgment and decision-making skills and abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Must be able to adapt quickly to ongoing demands (RFQ volume, customer expectations, etc.)
- High sense of urgency; able to work and stay focused under pressure
- Must have the ability to prioritize
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK !
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
- It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
- We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they give.
- And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.