Sr Director Network Planning, CVG HUB (RCS G)
Sr Director Network Planning, CVG HUB (RCS H)
As the Sr Director of Network Planning, you will lead a highly trained team of Certified International Managers and professionals in the Network Planning Group who are ultimately responsible to design, plan, implement, and optimize Air and Road Network throughout the Americas. The Network is designed to connect our customer shipments on time and operates within a 24/7 environment. The key responsibility of the role is to ensure we have a highly motivated team who are executing the FOCUS strategy. This is measured through our key performance indicators around safety, engagement, service, quality and efficiency.
CVG is home to one of the 3 Global Hubs, and is integral to the Americas Network as well as connecting the Globe with our dedicated Intercontinental fleet. The leader in this role will be responsible for developing business plans for our people, the Network, our customers and our airline partners.
- Supports future thinking around the health, safety and well-being of DHL team members
- Provides strategic direction to the development of Americas Air Network, ensuring that global and regional business objectives are met.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and management of the Network and Hubs operational strategy (short and long term) and policies within overall regional DHL context, in terms of door-to-door profitability, service quality and cost performance.
- Lead regular cross-functional business reviews and formulate programs that support the agreed upon strategies.
- Propose changes and enhancements to the America’s network in standard format for Network Change Request and Business Case Analysis.
- Enable the achievement of service performance that meets or exceeds network and customer expectations and differentiates DHL from the competitors.
- Embraces innovation and the advances in systems and technology, to enhance service, cost position and productivity.
- Align internal and external teams to ensure successful plans and operations from Country Ops Mgmt including commercial, Int’l trade affairs compliance, engineering, Human Resources, IT, etc
- Liaise closely and actively with countries in improving service performance or providing tailored service to Global accounts to accept Aviation solutions and changes where there may be little interest in cooperating and participating.
- Provide timely reporting and Data Analytics that help shape the direction of Aviation within the Americas and help build a truly Global Network
- Timely communication of service improvements and operations changes to the Network and Regional Office.
External Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain high level contacts to ensure DHL’s position as the leading Air Express Company is continuously communicated and promoted effectively within the business community.
- Represents DHL with the various Airline partners ensuring timely feedback is given to drive efficiencies.
- Represents DHL with Industry Groups, Government and Regulatory bodies, local business and government leaders to accept operational solutions and changes where there may be little interest in cooperating and participating.
- Maintain good relationship with Regulatory bodies (FAA etc) and be able to exert influence on issues and policies with a view to represent the interest of DHL.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains productive commercial working relationships with key external contacts, cross-business working groups and all relevant third parties.
Leading as a Successful 21st Century Manager
- Leads NPG team to be Excellence in Aviation.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the organization that nurtures and encourages service excellence, engagement, cost consciousness and quality based on our CIM 21stCentury Manager principles; as well as Respect and Results.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department. Trains and develops managers for succession.
- Execute developmental and career planning processes for the NPG teams, complete appraisals and all applicable development plans.
- Lead and motivate the team to drive continuous improvement of processes and practices, along with levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate critical interpersonal relations and judgment skills in working with the various constituents throughout the organization.
- Lead the team in a manner that is consistent with DHL cultural expectations (positive, decisive, sense of urgency).
- Minimum of 8-11 years in the industry with at least 5 years of senior level management roles in various operational business units, preferably distribution and airline experience
- Degree in Logistics or Transport (or equivalent)
- Direct Management of large team of Professionals and Non Exempt Employee Base working with Cross Functional Departments with In Direct reporting relationships (HR / IT /Finance, etc)
- Experienced in Regulatory Compliance for Air Operations, Customs Border Patrol, Transportation Security Administration
- Ability to work a variety of shifts within a 24 hour operation
- Ability to speak English fluently, fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
**Travel 40-60% of the time**
Reporting Structure and Key Relationships
Directly reports to: VP Network Management
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualifiedapplicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or anyother protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is availablehere.