Director of Transport Solutions & Tender Pricing
Job Req Number: 76517
Time Type: Full Time
Move forward as Director of Transport Solutions & Tender Pricing at DSV in Venlo
Ready to take responsibility for our new way of working in the global tender solutions and pricing domain? All while leading experts in a global team within one of the world's largest forwarders?
You get it done
Lead our growing road division with direct impact as the director of transport solutions & tender pricing. Our road transport division operates globally in the delivery of shipments, with a focus on becoming the most digitized groupage provider in the world. Your focus? Growing through our European distribution network. You’re on it.
How do you do this? In this role, you closely collaborate with the global business development team, tender teams per country, network teams and country operations focused on Europe. You report to the CCO of DSV Road. You achieve this by:
- providing tender support processes for the global business development team and Road vertical teams when responding to bids;
- managing an international team of tender analysts and transport engineers;
- actively developing tender tools and processes in line with the strategic vision of our road division;
- managing national tender management teams that are part of the end-to-end process;
- improving rate intelligence and data enrichment based on customer feedback or market insights.
Your team stands out within DSV for how well you complement each other. You are strong with data and know how to translate it into a business case like no other. A perfect addition to the business development team, which excels in building new customer relationships.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
We are the connecting factor between our global sales department and local tender and sales departments within the countries, says Simon H. Galsgaard, CCO Road Division.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- analytical and structured work approach combined with effective leadership skills, as you lead a team of specialists;
- BSc, MSc, or a similar degree in transport, supply chain, or a related field, along with demonstrable experience in a similar role;
- in-depth knowledge of road transport, groupage, cost and pricing processes. Additionally, you are communicatively strong with a healthy commercial drive;
- experience with change management; you are solution-oriented and unafraid to challenge the status quo;
- perfect command of the English language, both spoken and written.
It all counts for this vacancy of director of transport solutions & tender pricing in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 5% bonus (13th month);
- company car, laptop, and phone;
- you will work in a brand-new building with the most modern facilities, including a 150 m2 gym;
- 8% holiday allowance and 28 vacation days to fully unwind;
- a favorable pension scheme, with part of it being premium-free and a 5% personal contribution.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.