Job Req Number: 76472
Time Type: Full Time
Move forward as Site Manager at DSV in Venlo
Do you get excited about a fast-growing organisation? Do you not compromise on quality, do you have experience in automation within logistics, are you excellent in leadership, and do you know how to connect all stakeholders?
You get it done
You are able to work with clients at strategic and tactical levels. You are strong in driving current and future projects and improvements in operations. Furthermore, you know how to promote cooperation within the organisation at all times, you believe in self-managing and entrepreneurial teams, you are an open personality who empowers employees and you facilitate employee satisfaction. You work at it!
How you do this? For you, 3PL logistics combined with automated warehouse processes hold few secrets. Very nice, because our location 'Venlo 4' is state-of-the-art with, among other things, almost 7 km of conveyer belt. Several customers are also active on our site with products ranging from shoes to perfumes that fall under ADR legislation.
As Site Manager, you are ultimately responsible for the daily operation (±350 FTE) of our multi-client 3PL site in Venlo, report directly to our Senior Director and are part of the regional management team. You ensure that quality is always paramount and that established standards, procedures and rules are met. You are P&L responsible and continuously steer on KPIs/targets and workforce. You achieve this by:
• running an already established and efficient operation and achieving the agreed KPI targets;
• making an active contribution to the development of your team. You look at capabilities and qualities to ensure you have the right people working in the right place;
• being able to switch between functional needs and technical solutions, to arrive at (structural) solutions;
• setting priorities, driving improvement projects and continuously challenging our services.
Your team stands out within DSV because of your drive to get the best out of your team every day. Whether it is about optimising the processes within our warehouse or jointly celebrating successes. Together you challenge each other every day!
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
At DSV, we make unique work experiences possible! This is a wonderful opportunity to take responsibility for a fully automated distribution centre. Will you become part of my team?
says Remco Innemee, Senior Director.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
• passion for the job; your enthusiasm is contagious to others
• experience in a leadership role within a 3PL organisation;
• knowledge of and experience with lean and driving significant improvement and innovation projects within an automated warehouse;
• analytical skills with which you identify bottlenecks and define solutions or process improvements;
• good communication skills in both English and Dutch.
It all counts for this vacancy of site manager in Haps. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
• a professional and informal working environment where your voice counts;
• you are part of the regional management team;
• a salary depending on your knowledge and experience;
• 5% gratuity paid in November;
• 24 holidays, 4 adv days and 8% holiday pay;
• company car;
• favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and a 5% own contribution;
• access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This allows you to grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Bart Joosten answers all your questions via +31 (0)6 4327 0642 or email@example.com.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.