Customer Service Specialist
SUMMARY: Perform inventory planning activities including material stocking level and consumption analysis and generation of purchase requisitions to ensure all required materials are available to support operations. Communicate regularly with engineers, buyers, commodity managers, MRP controllers, warehouse shipping/receiving staff, and suppliers. Ensure adequate supply of material to service customer needs while minimizing inventory investment. Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
**Pl. take note that this position is based at San Jose, COSTA RICA**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analyzes Replenishment Data
• Generates reports in ERP system and exports to Excel, reviews and analyzes data and responds accordingly
• Initiates, reviews and processes Purchase Demand/Requisitions • Manages inventory levels and planning, matching forecast demand with on hand, on order, or in transit quantities
• Effectively communicates with clients both verbally and in writing
• Acts as the primary customer contact regarding forecast, new part adds, Min/Max levels, reorder points, backorders, obsolescence, etc.
• Communicates with engineers, tool owners, buyers, and commodity managers to review forecast, consumption history, material changes, new part adds, etc.
• Collaborates with warehouse, shipping/receiving staff to process material returns/repairs, which may include packing, preparing material for shipment and communication with supplier
• Informs the appropriate individuals (buyers, site leads, managers) of any issues related to material shortages that may cause an out of stock or machine down situation
• Coordinates and performs cycle counts and physical inventories to ensure the accuracy of inventory assets
• Researches inventory inaccuracies and reconciles accordingly
• Maintains accurate and timely data in the ERP system including master records, BOM's, etc.
• Manages material quality issues, providing strategic analysis and recommendations for continuous improvement initiatives
• Identifies & develops material savings projects to generate cost savings and efficiency improvements
- Performs other job-related duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University in a related discipline with 2 years of professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Ideal: Industrial Engineer
- Three (3) years of Industry experience in a direct or cross functional capacity
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Purchasing, Inventory Control and Materials Management methods, principles, and practices
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong customer service (internal and external) and vendor relations skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, and able to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment while also being an individual contributor
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks, projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with focus on critical thinking and business process management
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated proficiency in Excel (ability to work with pivot tables, lookup formulas, charts, graphs, etc.)
- ERP System Experience
English (verbal, reading, writing)
Spanish (verbal, reading, writing)
•Inventory Planning Experience in a Manufacturing setting
•Experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.