DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Wolfspeed Inc., Durham
Job Posting Title: Supervisor, Operations - 76859
Time Type: Full Time
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising, labor management, and planning of inbound, outbound, Product slotting and customer communication activities daily, including labor scheduling, space utilization, equipment and manpower. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Distribution Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of products in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts staff meetings to review daily/weekly work activities, plan and assure continuous improvement.
- Effectively keeps senior management and client representatives informed of critical issues that affect the operations
- Ensures the development of systems and procedures for managing operations, equipment, and products in a safe and profitable manner in accordance with company policies, guidelines, and procedures. Manages operations to meet prescribed productivity and service goals. Complies with terms outlined in the site's operating agreement with the client.
- Implements and reports on-going cost savings measures. Provides ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Meets all client specified KPI’s and complies with Quality system requirements.
- Manages the operations to achieve prescribed objectives. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to fairly and equitably supervise, counsel, and (where needed) discipline team members. Provides direction and support to Human Resources. Assists in creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development. Participates in performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and other HR activities.
- Has overall training and evaluation responsibilities of warehouse staff.
- Plans the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices, and instructions from customers. Assesses priorities based on time sensitivity and available resources. Assigns duties to appropriate warehouse staff.
- Reviews pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in levels of supplies, equipment, or staffing needs.
- Trains new staff in assigned duties, or delegate training responsibility to experienced team members. Assesses progress of trainees and adds additional duties as appropriate.
- Keeps informed of quantity and quality of jobs being performed throughout the day, providing guidance and advice as necessary.
- Assigns supervisory duties to experienced team members acting as leads for lower-level warehouse staff. Keeps abreast of progress or problems.
- Keeps Manager advised of progress or problems requiring attention on a daily basis. Holds regular meetings with warehouse staff to assess the group’s overall status. Discusses ideas for improvement. Keeps staff informed of new developments.
- Assists in the physical operations as needed.
- Delivers results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
- Maintains high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Provides ongoing growth and development opportunities for team members
- Provides input and conducts annual performance reviews for team members
- Supports adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Supports and trains team members with adherence to SOPs (corporate and client)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education & Experience:
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 years’ experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment
- 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Preferred: Prior MHE certification / knowledge of basic MHE operation
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, and Power Point)
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Business communication
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job tasks in a timely manner
- Good organizational and personnel skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Good leadership, supervision, and planning skills
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by the operation
- Participate in established cross training metrics activities with the opportunity to improve their knowledge in multiple areas/departments and be able to assist as a back-up when the need may arise.
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment.
- Work overtime as dictated by business whether mandatory or voluntary.
- Must be able to work in unregulated temperatures within the warehouse during the warmer and colder months can range from mild to moderate.
- Leader of Others
- Business Acumen
- Communication / Building Partnership
- Developing Oneself
- Developing Others
- Drive for Results
- Embracing Change
- Problem Solving
- Leadership Excellence
- Leading Change
- Problem Solving
- Walking and Standing
Ability to Lift/Carry and Push/Pull
- 11-20 pounds
- Reach above shoulder, squat, or kneel.
Other Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.