Logistics Process Engineer
Job Req Number: 47684
Time Type: Full Time
Move forward as Logistics Process Engineer at DSV in Maastricht Airport
Do you always think in solutions and strive to make our logistics process a little better every day? As a logistics process engineer, you will work with the latest technologies and implement them in our warehouses!
You get it done
As a logistics process engineer, your primary focus will be on implementing and improving logistical processes within one or more DSV locations. You will concentrate on inbound, outbound, and value-added logistics processes. From start to finish, you map out processes and collaborate with your team on optimizations, ensuring continuous improvement in logistical services for our clients. You’re on it.
How do you do this? You become part of a cohesive organization where communication lines are short, and as a Logistics Process Engineer, you enjoy significant freedom. You leverage the latest technologies and seamlessly translate them into the most efficient customer solution. You contribute to contemplating the future of our logistical services, where sustainability and efficiency are becoming increasingly crucial.
You will achieve this by:
• designing and enhancing logistical processes. Additionally, you will coordinate tasks and priorities within your site team (scrum);
• translating logistical and value-added service activities into costs and rates;
• actively participating in projects aimed at improving the logistical process, such as large-scale automation projects or implementations of new clients;
• providing operational support, advising, and documenting process adjustments;
• focusing on continuously improving and standardizing departmental processes and both internal and external collaborations.
Your team stands out within DSV because of the complexity and diversity of the work. The quality of the warehouse process determines the success of the business. The dynamics are different every day!
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
"There is always room for improvement. So too within our warehouse operations. It's up to you to put these under the microscope," says Arjan Schoonbeek, Manager Business Support.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
• bachelor's or master's degree within logistics management, supply chain, engineering, technical business administration or similar;
• around 2 years of experience within a similar role;
• knowledge of logistics data analysis and logistics processes/systems. Preferably complemented by knowledge of logistics automation & mechanisation;
• skills to communicate clearly with both internal and external parties;
• affinity with WMS systems and SQL.
It all counts for this vacancy of logistics process engineer in Maastricht Airport. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
• a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
• a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
• 24 holidays, 4 ADV days and 8% holiday pay;
• a working environment with plenty of room for personal input, initiative and flexibility.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.