Freight Forwarder, Operations
Job Req Number: 76505
Time Type: Full Time
Are you passionate about putting customers first, delivering the best performance, and fostering true collaboration to keep the supply chains flowing? Join us and be a part of DSV’s global family.
DSV Air & Sea is seeking to hire a skilled and passionate Freight Forwarder, Operations in Adelaide.
The position is responsible for general all round freight forwarding operations (import and export), ocean and airfreight including but not limited to, verification of customer data/documents, lodgment of cargo automation, coordination of pickup/deliveries, engagement with industry stakeholders, adherence to company and customer KPI’s.
Your typical day at DSV:
- Work together with Operations team to ensure quality and accuracy of work delivered
- Carry out Operational work flow processes in accordance with management directive, customer instructions, SOPs and specified requirements
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships with DSV customers (internal and external), suppliers and service providers both locally and overseas
- Solve Operational issues with a range of stakeholders including but not to limited: airlines, shipping lines, transport providers, co-loaders and customers.
- Plan and prioritize operational shipments from digital Workbench in order to achieve milestone requirements, designated KPIs and deadlines
- Calculate monetary issues such as invoice costings, GST, etc and weights and measures in relation to load sizes, space availability, etc.
- Support the Senior Team Lead & Manager, Freight Forwarding with day to day activities, and other reasonable tasks and projects as required
- Experience in Freight Forwarding (air and or sea)
- Good communication, customer service and numeracy skills are required
- Ability to plan and coordinate to deliver desired outcomes within given timeframes is a must in this role
- Experience using Cargowise One is preferred
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry that offers a massive network of possibilities, empowerment and growth opportunities You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.