Freight Forwarder, Ocean Import
DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 3rd largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Mendota Heights, Northland Dr
Division: Air & Sea
Job Posting Title: Freight Forwarder, Ocean Import
Time Type: Full Time
Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $30.00
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of Ocean Import shipments such as, opening import files, production of internal documentation, updating import statuses, assisting and advising customers of Arrival, arranging deliveries, processing invoices (including price conversions and verifying shipment weight and volume), dealing with e-mail queries from DSV Overseas offices as well as ensuring that excellent standard of data accuracy are maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
• Adhere to DSV policy and procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to preset service levels
• Disciplined and professional attitude must be displayed at all times
• All communications via telephone, e mail, Facsimile etc. are to handle in a professional manner, as this reflects our company
• Ensure all areas of Finance (Vendor Invoices, Clearing Invoices) are handled/maintained to a 1st class standard and all queries are addressed and resolved as soon as possible
• Maximize profitability on all files handled as well as to be cost conscious at all times
• Credit check all files according to DSV policy and escalate irregularities where appropriate
• Ensure all filing, is done regularly, tidily and accurately
• To build close, strong relationships with all our Customers, DSV offices, Overseas agents and Service providers
• To identify areas of our business which require improvements i.e.: operational processes, cost control, customer service, attention to detail and work with your colleagues to resolve accordingly
• Provide 1st class customer service as well as pay attention to detail at all times
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your supervisor/manager
• Candidates should have 3 years freight forwarding experience, ideally in Sea Imports
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• To be prepared to learn all aspects of the team’s work with desire and ability to provide cover and assistance on a regular basis
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer focus with proactive attitude
• Candidate should process a desire to progress within the team demonstrating the ability to take on more responsibility in time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.