Key Account Manager, Asia Pacific
DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
Job Req Number: 69822
Time Type: Full Time
Role and Responsiblities:
As the Regional Key Account Manager, you will take on an account management role that is primarily responsible to retain and grow DSV business within your assigned account portfolio.
You will be responsible for specific account(s), and will collaborate with product, operations and commercial teams in country to ensure high customer service levels and profitability of the account.
- Lead the service delivery, by meeting and exceeding agreed KPIs for the assigned accounts
- Implement service dashboards to provide stakeholders with full visibility of account performance
- Lead optimization initiatives that measurably improve productivity and service levels such as on-time performance, damage ratios and cost savings, etc
- Build strong customer partnerships with decision makers and key influencers
- Identify and lead the acquisition of new opportunities, generating new GP for the company.
- Take an active approach in planning account strategy across products, ensuring clearly defined targets and opportunities recorded in the account plan.
- Support all aspects of the account relationship as a primary point of contact for customer
- Proactively work with product, operations and commercial teams to constantly assess changes to the business and impact to DSV’s profitability in the current volatile and uncertain market
- Help identify all potential risks and develop mitigation plan
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Work closely with Operations to deliver high level of service to customers
- Effectively manage any issues that arise and develop effective Corrective and
Preventive Action (CAPA) plans.
- Develop relevant internal and external metrics to measure performance
- Update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at regional level and ensure country adherence.
- Organise, prepare, conduct and lead regular business and performance reviews
- Ensure and upkeep data quality requirements with country operations and business process teams.
Account Support with development.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and expand our share of customer’s logistics
spend, through up and cross-selling with a strong pipeline and closing ratio.
- Work closely with customers to intimately understand their goals, strategic initiative and needs, constantly adapting DSV’s service offerings and delivery
- Engage regional management on new opportunities and risks, to allocate resources and remove red tape.
- Develop knowledge of best practices and new ideas within product, operations and relevant industry verticals, and tailor these into solutions for the customer
- Drive spot quotes and tender success through effective engagement with customer, product, operations and tender desk
- Support and help manage cross-functional teams through influence and persuasion
- Collaborate closely with regional and country colleagues to coordinate account
- Provide proper guidance to operations and account management teams in country
- Deliver results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
- Assist in the resolution of difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics
- Support communication strategy within accounts
- Maintain high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus of providing
highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Work well in a global environment where customer business can span multiple
- Communicate effectively
- Maintain professionalism and objectivity in all activities
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional customer engagement and communication skills
- Great Sales support skills and the ability to follow through on leads
- Well-developed time management skills - ability to work to deadlines. Multitasking is essential
- Project management of initiatives where required.
- Business acumen – analyzing financial information, dealing with complexity, problem solving and using sound judgment.
- Identifying critical operational or other issues and recommending solutions
- Ability to continuously review / refine processes to achieve the optimal solution
Education & Training
- Bachelor degree or above in business/freight forwarding or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of operational working experience in global forwarding / logistics company
- Strong personal characteristics, energy, drive, focus, motivation, responsibility
- High level of integrity and professional working standards
- International mindset, presentable and articulate, able to work under pressure, result-oriented and customer-focused
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative, with the ability to work without supervision.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.