Business Development Manager, Singapore
DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
Job Req Number: 69910
Time Type: Full Time
Purpose of Position
Deliver financial results in-line with agreed budgets and targets
- Establish and develop new business opportunities with potential customers in the assigned territory and with assigned/named targets: A, B, C segment customers (profitable type of targets).
- Work out GP projection and long/short term action plan to achieve target
- Carry out sales calls sales visits in accordance with KPI in assigned territory and report all visiting reports in Sales CRM system timely
- Achieve monthly opportunities target as per agreed
- Execute sales process as per roll out/training: pipeline management (sales cycles reporting in Sales CRM system). Provide client and target information, maintenance of Customer Relationship Management System (CRM). Collaborate closely with internal sales resources/experts: IV Account Managers, Tradelane Manager, and product teams to maximize closing ratio
- Assure successful client integration: implementation collaboration with operation teams
- Assist Finance to achieve the desired DSO target based on respective portfolio of customers
- Ensure proper knowledge of company’s products at all time by attending and completing all trainings offered and available.
Additional to above tasks
- Any other job-related tasks as assigned by the superior.
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct policy of the DSV Group
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Ability to manage cross-functional interfaces (Operations and ISPs)
- Self-management (Planning, Organizing & Goal Setting, Execution)
- Good interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Decision-making capabilities
- Organized, flexible and able to work under tight deadlines
- Administration skills
- Customer focus
- Team player
Experience & Education
- Functional experience in air / sea / customs brokerage
- Basic sales knowledge
- Good understanding of company’s service offering and pricing policy
- Understanding of company’s strategy, products and solutions
- Local market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers)
- Expertise and professionalism in customer contacts, understanding of customer requirements, analysis and resolution of problems and complaints
- Degree Holder or Diploma with leadership quality can be considered
- At least 5 years of general industry business experience
- High competency with MS Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.