Sommelier | Verōnika (m/w/d)
Fotografiska is the Contemporary Museum of Photography, Arts, and Culture. A destination to discover world-class photography, inspiring programming, elevated dining, and surprising new experiences, Fotografiska was founded in Stockholm in 2010. The Museum has since opened a treasured, historic landmark building in NYC’s Flatiron District, expanded to Tallinn, and will welcome a Berlin Museum in 2023. Fotografiska’s goals are simple: to inspire new perspectives for a more conscious world through the power of photography, to bring people together in discovery, experience, impact, and community.
Further information can be found here: www.fotografiska.com/berin
Verōnika radiates a throwback to the era of glamour and substance, combining gracious design and European continental cuisine. Celebrating the “new, old world” of classical dishes with a twist, our seasonal menu celebrates childhood memories, with an eye for local and thoughtfully sourced produce. A beautiful balance of warm, welcoming and humble service, with a splash of fun and refinement that will make you feel like family. Suited for small intimate moments to boisterous celebrations, our carefully curated large format wine list offers both half and magnum bottle selections, including a bespoke cocktail program designed to entice and celebrate a night out. Cap you’re evening with desserts that won’t disappoint, colorful and show-stopping visually, sentimental but designed with technique we don’t often see. Your new dining experience awaits you; Welcome to Veronika | Berlin.
The Verōnika Sommelier has the enviable task of supporting an innovative world-class wine program to complement the Verōnika Restaurant & Bar Verōnika operations at Fotografiska Berlin. Reporting into the Fotografiska Head of Wine and Verōnika General Manager, the role oversees all aspects of the wine program, representing service excellence by providing kind, knowledgable and humble hospitality, alongside warmth and grace in every interaction with our members and guests. Our Sommelier represents Verōnika Restuarant with hospitality and generosity in every interaction.
- 3+ years acting as a Sommelier or similar role in luxury hospitality, food + beverage, or bar environments.
- Experience working with fine wine program's for high-end, highly visible entertainment entities.
- The capacity to work within an ever-changing environment, assisting to develop operating procedures as the business dictates and the willingness to support in other areas as required to maintain the integrity of the Verōnika Restaurant & Bar Verōnika operations.
- An advocate and ambassador of service excellence that understands the critical role that exceeding and maintaining service expectations plays in the success of building F+B operations.
- Create an excellent work environment, the ability to bring a diverse group of humans from various experiences, countries, and cultures together centered up teamwork and mutual respect.
- Supply expert knowledge of the wine program, ensure the quality of all product, superior storage and service methods, while following and keeping to all local, state, and federal laws relating to alcohol service and consumption.
- Assist in the daily planning and upkeep of the wine department operations to ensure an integrated, efficient, and profitable operation.
- Ongoing attendance to scheduled team trainings to ensure detailed product knowledge, growth and professionalism. Attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Assist the Head of Wine in counting monthly inventory pars of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and inputting these into Excel and Gastronovie.
- Assist all Management team’s implementation of the wine program training for Bar and Floor staff across all both Verōnika Restaurant & Verōnika Bar.
- Ongoing development of team members to ensure detailed product knowledge, growth and professionalism.
- Effective communication during pre-service briefings of information relating to all wine offerings, members, guests, and daily operations.
- Set the standards of service unique to our properties, consistently working to improve the delivery of service, implementing all systems to ensure smooth delivery.
- Execute effective standard operating procedures to ensure that all wine cellars and wine service station cleanliness meets Health Code Standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all Health & Safety, company Employment policies/service procedures/standards as these relate to the FOH team.
Diversity & Representation: Fotografiska is committed to building and supporting diverse and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
- Company Pension Plan
- Company Health Insurance
- Annual health budget for 13 high-quality services
- Choice between a mobility subsidy and a food subsidy
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Hybrid Work Environment
- As Fotografiska Berlin develops, the existing benefits roster is set to expand - more to come!