Host | Hostess | Bar Verōnika (m/w/d)
Fotografiska is the Contemporary Museum of Photography, Arts, and Culture. A destination to discover world-class photography, inspiring programming, elevated dining, and surprising new experiences, Fotografiska was founded in Stockholm in 2010. The Museum has since opened a treasured, historic landmark building in NYC’s Flatiron District, expanded to Tallinn, and will welcome a Berlin Museum in 2023. Fotografiska’s goals are simple: to inspire new perspectives for a more conscious world through the power of photography, to bring people together in discovery, experience, impact, and community.
Further information can be found here: www.fotografiska.com/berin
Bar Verōnika Hosts and Hostesses are the first and last encounter for our member and guest experience at the exquisite Verōnika Restaurant & Bar. They have the enviable task of setting the tone for the exciting experience ahead with a warm, knowledgeable and enthusiastic welcome. Reporting directly to the Bar Verōnika Manager and Verōnika General Manager, they are responsible for effectively communicating with our members and guests, whilst humbly and seamlessly managing the arrival, seating and departure experience. Our Hosts and Hostesses represent Bar Verōnika with hospitality and generosity in every interaction.
- 3+ years experience in a Host/Hostess position working in luxury, high-end or highly visible entertainment entities.
- The capacity to work within an ever-changing environment, assisting to develop operating procedures as the business dictates and the willingness to support in other areas as required to maintain the integrity of the Bar Verōnika and the Fotografiska museum operations.
- An advocate and ambassador of service excellence that understands the critical role that exceeding and maintaining service expectations plays in the building of successful Food & Beverage operations.
- Consistently ensure member and guest satisfaction, assisting all with a friendly yet professional disposition and relentless courtesy.
- Manage reservations on TheFork and 7Rooms reservation platforms, providing prompt and accurate reservation details, wait times and solutions. Ability to proficiently use Excel and G Suite.
- Precise execution of the Bar Verōnika Sequence of Service, in a timely and accurate manner with the goal of creating memorable member and guest experience's.
- Guide members and guests through the Bar Verōnika providing all assistance required for the comfort and smooth transition of the arrival and departure procedure.
- Attention to detail that all member and guest place settings and mise en place are set to the highest of standards created by the Leadership team.
- Monitor the bar and dining room for up and coming seating availability, assist service staff as required to reset tables for prompt and professional turnarounds.
- Ongoing maintenance during service to ensure all menus are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free. Maintain cleanliness of all work areas, ensuring all pre and post service checklists are completed and adhered to.
- Attend regular operational meetings and team trainings to ensure ongoing knowledge, growth and effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Competency in conversing with all members and guests regarding Fotografiska and our various programs and amenities.
- Aid to instill an excellent work environment, working alongside a diverse group of humans from various experiences, countries, and cultures together centered up teamwork and mutual respect.
- The ability to thrive under pressure, handle multiple tasks at one time working in a high-paced and dynamic operations.
- Flourish while working against deadlines while having the ability to be self-motivated, pro-active and to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with our members, guests and F&B leadership.
Diversity & Representation: Fotografiska is committed to building and supporting diverse and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
- Company Pension Plan
- Company Health Insurance
- Annual health budget for 13 high-quality services
- Choice between a mobility subsidy and a food subsidy
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- As Fotografiska Berlin develops, the existing benefits roster is set to expand - more to come!