Fragomen, an Am Law 100 law firm and the world's largest immigration firm, seeks Summer Associates for its 2024 Summer Associate Program for all our U.S. offices. The ideal candidate will have completed 2 years of law school by Summer 2024.
This program will run for approximately 10-weeks starting Wednesday, May 29th and ending Friday, August 9th.
Under the direction of an Attorney, Summer Associates will become familiar with the laws related to employment-based immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Summer Associates learn from the firm’s leading experts in the field. Our firm’s commitment to excellent client service, top quality legal work and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff and prepares Summer Associates for future success in the legal profession.
This is not a traditional Summer Associate Program. Associate offers are contingent on performance, future business needs and are not guaranteed.
How will you make a difference as a Summer Associate at Fragomen?
- Assist our Associates with case analysis and developing case strategy based on legal research
- Prepare employment and family-based applications and petitions based on case strategies developed with Associates and Partners.
- Draft submissions, pleadings, and presentations to be filed with immigration adjudication and enforcement agencies.
- Conduct original research on current and proposed regulations, case law, and enforcement procedures.
- Write memorandums on a wide range of immigration issues, including pro-bono matters
Let's talk if you have the following:
- Strong academic performance (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in Immigration
- Law Review, Law Journal, Immigration Clinic and Moot Court experience preferred
- Successfully completed at least two years of law school by Summer 2024