Events & Conferences Manager
Events & Conferences Manager
London OR Sheffield, UK
Fragomen is the world’s leading exclusive provider of immigration services. With more than 60 offices worldwide, we provide immigration services in more than 170 countries. For over 60 years, we have provided strategic immigration advice to a diverse range of clients from individuals to the world’s leading multinational corporations. With over 6,200 employees in more than 60 offices, you will be joining a truly global firm where providing exceptional client service is at the core of what we do.
Fragomen’s professionals are respected thought leaders in the immigration field providing expertise to governments across the world including the US Congress, the UK Parliament, the European Union and the United Nations.
A career at Fragomen will provide you with the opportunity to work in an exciting environment for a broad range of clients, where no two days will be the same. You will face interesting challenges and you will work with dedicated, friendly and ambitious people. We are extremely proud of our diverse workforce at Fragomen and we are fully committed to providing equal opportunities. We believe that our differences make us stronger.
About the role:
Leading immigration law firm Fragomen seeks an EMEA Events and Conferences Manager based in London or Sheffield. This role, which is part of the overall Marketing & Business Development Department, will be focused on managing, planning and executing firm-hosted and sponsored events in the EMEA region, including client briefings, speaking engagements, conferences, receptions, networking events and online events, as well as managing and maintaining the firm’s EMEA events’ calendar.
The EMEA Events and Conferences Manager will be conscientious, with a “can do” and resourceful approach. The role reports to the Senior Manager of Events and Conferences and involves working closely with the larger Marketing and Business Development Team, senior management, partners and practice leaders and other colleagues around the firm.
What an Events and Conferences Manager does at Fragomen:
- Manage the planning, strategy and execution for the firm’s EMEA-based external and internal events and sponsorships, both virtually and in-person. This includes all stages of event lifecycle such as: initial analysis, vision and research, working with key event stakeholders, negotiating with vendors, project management, AV and production, communications, logistics, post-event follow up and metrics, etc.
- Define objectives and messaging for events, including our strategic alliances and partnerships, to ensure they are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Drive meetings with partners and other event stakeholders to ensure key decisions are made and responsibilities are assigned.
- Travel 15%-25% to manage events onsite, as needed.
- Provide guidance and support to an in-region Events and Conferences Specialist.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of events, including managing event budgets, lead generation and other defined ROI metrics.
- Coordinate the firm’s EMEA event calendar, including the posting of events in the firm’s event management tool, website, webcast platform, email marketing and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to interface with external and internal clients and key stakeholders.
- Provide additional support to special projects and the wider Marketing and Business Development Department, as needed.
Let's talk if you have:
- Qualification in marketing, business, event management, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Relevant experience in an events role preferably in a legal or other professional services firm.
- Strong project management and multitasking skills and the ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations requiring adherence to tight deadlines.
- Client service oriented with the aptitude to address internal and external clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to quickly develop a strong working knowledge of the firm, its practice groups, and its clients and their industry sectors.
- Highly analytical, organised and detail oriented.
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Accustomed to collaborating, excelling and delivering outcomes in a team environment.
- Capable of learning and understanding an audience and producing targeted events.
- Independently driven, resourceful, proactive, and self-motivated with a "make it happen" mindset and strong interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency with Cvent, On24, Salesforce CRM, Marketo, Social Media platforms, SurveyMonkey, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.); knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative and Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Experience in marketing immigration services a plus.
- Additional language skills a plus.
Fragomen in the UK:
Our UK team is made up of over 750 people working across two offices, based in London and Sheffield. Both offices are centrally located in their respective cities, with the Sheffield office having the added bonus of free on-site parking. Our people work collaboratively and dynamically in a positive environment, with over 20 different languages being spoken.
The Firm operates a hybrid working model, which incorporates a blend of in-person attendance as well as working from home – our aim being to fully leverage our remote working technology and provide a balance for our people in the way that they work.
Whether in the office or working remotely, we are proud of our team spirit and we like to reflect this in the way that we work and everything we do. Our Responsible Business Strategy (RBS) prioritises Fragomen’s social responsibility through one cross-cutting theme and five focus areas.. These focus areas include: Wellbeing, Diversity and Inclusion, Charity & Pro bono work, Social and Environmental & Sustainability. The RBS initiative offers great opportunities for everyone at Fragomen to get involved and help steer a variety of initiatives and activities at the Firm. These range from social events and activities, to regular wellbeing newsletters and diversity discussions.
Fragomen is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, heritage, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.