Business Immigration Consultant
About the Role: Fragomen’s Business Immigration Consultant position will provide you with the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our business, as well as offer training, development, and long-term growth opportunities. Fragomen’s exclusive focus on immigration means you will work in an exciting, dynamic, and challenging atmosphere with people who are passionate about immigration. Providing world class client service and industry leading technology solutions, Fragomen helps our clients to navigate the complex world of global immigration to better achieve their goals.
How will you make a difference as a Business Immigration Consultant at Fragomen?
- Perform more substantive and client facing work than is typical for a Paralegal in a law firm setting including varied case related duties requiring specialized knowledge and skills in employment-based immigration matters.
- Independently perform tasks related to case preparation and filing of petitions with government agencies, including document gathering, document review, case analysis, case drafting, etc.
- Oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems, run reports as needed, and assist with review of cases.
- Work with clients to perform intake of cases, troubleshooting issues and establishing case strategy, along with recommending solutions and process improvements.
- Generate clear, well-organized written work product that demonstrates the accurate application of immigration knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Proactively communicate with foreign nationals and client contacts, providing clear and prompt responses regarding case status or other general inquiries.
- Meet assigned deadlines that adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and communicate case progress, status, escalations to supervisor.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members and proactively identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects.
- Recognize when changes to immigration policy may impact work and work with leadership to incorporate changes into processes.
- Be fluent with case management and other reporting tools and technologies used to manage data and information.
- Understand and contribute to team and individual productivity goals.
- Follow documented firm standards and policies to mitigate risk and ensure regulatory, operational and client compliance (e.g., following Data Privacy protocols, using Connect accurately and in line with team and client protocols, etc.).
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset and regularly look for opportunities to improve quality, efficiency, and standardization with processes, products, or services.
Leverage your valuable skills and experience to make an impact at Fragomen:
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, Paralegal certification OR experience in a customer facing or client service-oriented role
- At least 4 years of business immigration experience (i.e., paralegal)
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to proofread documents, draft fluent prose, and avoid grammatical mistakes without the aid of AI engines
- Experience using various computer systems, including MS Word and Excel
- Desire to contribute to positive work environment, effectively collaborate and promote teamwork
At Fragomen, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits which includes:
- 22 PTO days + Federal holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans + FSA & HSA Plans
- 401K plan, with company matching
Learn More About Fragomen:
Please take time to read About Us, explore the Meaningful and Impactful Work we do for our clients, and review the standard Benefits we offer. You can find all the material to the right of this page.
The salary range for this role takes into account many factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to the individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, work location, work arrangement, licensure and certifications, and applicable laws. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top end of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the factors noted.
A reasonable and good-faith estimate of the current salary range for individuals able to work a hybrid schedule in the office locally is:$71,000.00 - $80,000.00
You may also be eligible to take advantage of our benefits offering, 401K, and paid time off plans.