Regulatory & Customer Relations Expert
ITA Airways is seeking a New York based Regulatory & Customer Relations Expert to work with and across different departments with the goal of keeping ITA aligned with the latest Customer Relation requirements.
The USA & Canada sales division is seeking an individual who has a high level of accountability for compliance matters. The candidate must be able to work independently, effectively, and collaboratively for ITA Airways. This position will report directly to the Country Manager.
The Regulatory & Customer Relations Expert, is responsible for the:
- Investigation of Regional complaints from passengers with disabilities. Research may include written or verbal communication with the parties involved in the dispute, the US DOT, other legal entities, and other internal stakeholders with the goal to mediate a mutually acceptable resolution.
- Maintain complete records for all claims in the Customer Data Base including accurate coding and legal deadlines for reporting and compliant responses.
- Provide guidance to station CRO's or untrained personnel to ensure proper handling of passengers with disabilities, prevent recurrence and potential fines.
- Assess severity and legitimacy of the claims to ensure correct DOT language acknowledging or denying violations is included in all correspondence.
- Work with outside legal counsel when necessary.
- Takeover of additional tasks when is required.
The ideal Regulatory & Customer Relations Expert must fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Educational background in aviation, travel/tourism, hospitality, communications, public relations or comparable industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Customer Service in travel or tourism required.
- English language required.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Must possess a legal work permit in the U.S..
- Working under time pressure, traveling on behalf of the company.
- Company will not provide relocation assistance.
Type of Employment offered
Place of work
If you recognize yourself in these characteristics, we look forward to your application!
Pursuant to art. 13 D.lgs196/03 of the Italia “Data Protection Code”, ITA Airways hereby declares that your personal data will be collected and used only for the recruitment process. ITA Airways shall conduct all data processing activities in conformity with the requirements and provisions of Leg. Decree n. 196/2003. Our personnel search is addressed to candidates of both sexes, in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 198/2006.