Station Manager - Chicago & Toronto
ITA Airways, the Italian national airline, is expanding and subsequently looking for experienced, motivated individuals with the desire to get involved with passion and initiative.
For the Ground Operations function in Chicago, USA, we are looking for a:
Station Manager Chicago/Toronto
Guaranteeing in coordination with the central business functions the correct performance of Ground Handling operations for all flights operated by ITA through the supervision of assistance provided by third parties, contributing to the protection of the image of the Company, pursuing objectives of maximum customer satisfaction and efficient use of resources.
- Contributes to the protection of ITA's image by guiding the behaviors and actions of the entrusted and supervised resources.
- Ensures, supervises, and monitors the services dedicated to passengers during the airport experience, pursuing the objectives of maximum customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the protection of company assets.
- Guarantees the correct performance of ground handling operations by supervising the services provided by third party suppliers, in compliance with the quality standards envisaged and what is contained in the Company Manuals for ground operations and local reference regulations.
- Guarantees the management of disruptions related to passengers and baggage.
- Promptly reports the hierarchical line in relation to incipient or sudden critical issues.
- Ensures the constant maintenance of relations with the local airport authorities, including the airport managers, for the purposes of the correct performance of activities, also through participation in local committees that may be present in close coordination with the competent central functions, guaranteeing the necessary information flow to the latter.
- Ensures compliance with the cost levels of the reference airport agreed in the planning phase with the competent functions according to the progress of the operational program.
- Guarantees, in the context of the passive cycle, the certification of the services provided by the suppliers of goods / services (e.g. handling agent, caterer, line maintenance, crew transport, hotac, etc.) in relation to the quantitative / qualitative standards contractually defined with the support of the Ground Administrative Support function.
- Supports the negotiation of handling contracts, identifying the functional technical specifications in relation to the needs of the airport for which it is responsible in compliance with the procedures and standards in force, sharing the KPI system to be included in the same; guarantees monitoring with respect to the contractual SLAs.
- Ensures integration and coordination with local suppliers through the management of briefings with the various representatives of the area.
- Ensures the use of the resources entrusted together with the management and motivation of the same and the initial and recurring training / training.
- Ensures periodic compilation of Turnaround Aircraft Check lists.
- Ensures that the health measures required locally or by central structures are implemented.
At the airport of responsibility, where appropriately appointed, the assignment of Local Safety Representative for airport operations (pax and cargo) where this assignment has not been expressly entrusted to a figure of the security management.
- Eligibility to reside and work in the United States.
- Consolidated experience in similar position.
- Ideally bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience within the airline industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the Local aviation environment.
- Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capability of working around problems. Good creative and lateral thinking skills. A strong team player, capable of seeing and understanding the bigger picture.
Type of employment
Employment at Will.
Place of work
Chicago International Airport.
If you recognize yourself in these characteristics, we look forward to your application!
Pursuant to art. 13 D.lgs196/03 of the Italia “Data Protection Code”, ITA Airways hereby declares that your personal data will be collected and used only for the recruitment process. ITA Airways shall conduct all data processing activities in conformity with the requirements and provisions of Leg. Decree n. 196/2003. Our personnel search is addressed to candidates of both sexes, in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 198/2006.