Director, Pricing Strategy & Commercial Enablement
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Pricing Strategy & Commercial Enablement to join our Growth and Strategy organization.
- Define, build, and oversee the pricing value-based and offer configuration programs, critical to managing our overall firmwide efforts to transition away from time and material pricing and deliver value-oriented market strategies; this will include content creation and management, overseeing the value benefit analytics process, managing the overall conversion effort, x-functional stakeholder alignment, x-functional team leadership
- Take responsibility for leading function and service unit leadership through the strategic plans and processes following the direction of the Pricing and Commercial Enablement organization
- Prepare content for Function leaders, Management Committee consumption and other executive leadership communications
- Lead the creation and development of price measurement for all 3 KPMG Functions; drive external market research and price comparison; collaborate with x-functional groups, including F&A and Office of the Chief Economist, to identify application of insights to the business; manage ongoing value reporting and insight escalation to senior leadership to drive business results
- Oversee process improvement at scale to identify inefficiencies and bottlenecks within current pricing models and strategies; collaborate cross-functionally with teams to design, implement, and monitor enhanced pricing processes that align with the Firm's growth objectives and market dynamics; leverage data-driven insights and industry best practices to scale and adapt pricing strategies to maintain competitiveness and optimize profitability
- Lead ad-hoc pricing projects that support the overall pricing strategy; be responsible for coordination with x-functional teams and stakeholders, driving and creating deliverables and understanding how the effort ties into overall strategic goals
- Minimum ten years of recent experience in a pricing role or related field with a minimum three years of recent direct people management experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Master's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience within a professional services firm or strategic pricing function with demonstrated leadership career path acceleration; preference in two or more of the following consulting areas: service pricing strategy development, scenario planning, operational and performance improvement, or other relevant pricing experience
- Experience leading pricing strategy and program implementations; proven track record in coaching and mentoring others to succeed and demonstrated experience developing team members and being a role model; ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams); working knowledge of Alteryx, Power BI and/or Tableau
- Demonstrated and mature ability to work and collaborate within a matrixed partnership environment, engender collegiality, and trust; able to manage/motivate individuals with both direct and indirect reporting lines; capability to conduct value-added questioning and challenge conversations with firm business executives about their business strategies; strong strategic insight development, strategy process design, research, analytical and project management skills; outstanding organizational skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the firm
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).