PTA Senior Associate, Accounting Advisory Services
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Accounting Advisory Services for our Deal Advisory practice.
- Assist in providing timely technical advice regarding the specific application of accounting literature related to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Provide due diligence support, including transaction analysis and related documentation for accounting implications
- Serve as a technical resource for foreign company filings in the United States and foreign acquisitions by a U.S. based company
- Research and interpret complex structures and technical accounting literature utilizing internal and external resources
- Deliver technical accounting support on engagements in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- One year of experience with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) or Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university or CPA eligible; licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, FASB pronouncements, and technical accounting literature
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
California Salary Range: $81700 - $144800
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).