Senior Associate, Communications
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Communications to join our Corporate Affairs team.
- Develop and execute paid, earned (regional media focus), social and owned media strategies that enhance and protect the reputation of the firm and advance the firm's strategic priorities with a focus in Chicago and other Midwest markets
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, including KPMG's Market Leaders, to understand our business and the media landscape to develop compelling messages to drive media and social engagement
- Drive communications to both external and internal audiences in support of business priorities through a variety of media, including social media, video and call show-flows, infographics, and written communications
- Create and maintain productive, collaborative relationships, and proactively supports other team members and projects; serves as connection point on the team and with key stakeholders to ensure awareness of programs, deliverables, and results
- Work with data and analytics to glean actionable insights and drive meaningful outcomes
- Bring external trends and case studies into communications by being an avid consumer of traditional news and social media
- Minimum three years of recent experience working in communications with in-depth knowledge of and experience using internal and external communications channels including social and digital media; agency and regional media outreach experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Ability to effectively collaborate and interact with individuals at all levels across an organization, including senior leadership; knowledge of the business and competitive environment
- Strong writing and project management skills; proactive team player and self-starter who exercises independent judgment and discretion
- Proven technical aptitude and critical thinking; knowledge of Microsoft Office and measurement tools
- Able to thrive, multi-task, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).