Senior Manager, Economic and Valuation Services (Intangible Assets)
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our Valuations practice.
- Manage and deliver business and intangible valuations for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax, and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization, corporate services and management planning purposes
- Design the scope of work for engagements, oversee day-to-day activities, assume responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables, and effectively manage risk associated with engagements
- Build, maintain, and enhance client relationships
- Perform reviews of third-party appraisals for audit support purposes
- Supervise and mentor staff; provide timely and effective performance feedback and training
- Assist in business development efforts and collaborate with other KPMG practices to build cross-functional relationships
- Minimum of seven years of financial advisory and valuation experience within a business valuation firm or valuation practice of an audit, tax, and advisory firm with a strong finance and/or accounting background
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business from an accredited college/university
- Licensed FMVA and ABV, in addition to others on KPMG's approved credential listing; any individual who does not possess at least one of the approved designations/credentials when their employment commences, has one year from their date of hire to obtain at least one of the approved designations/credentials; should you like to see the complete list of currently approved designations/credentials for the hiring practice/service line, your recruiter can provide you with that list
- Significant experience with valuations of business entities and intangible assets, purchase price allocations, analyzing goodwill and long-lived asset impairment, supporting a company's value for bidding, or asking price plans, litigation support, and financial analysis and research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid analytical and financial modeling skills; ability to work well in a team environment and a commitment to mentoring and developing staff
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple valuation engagements and manage client relationships
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).