Senior Associate, Functional Resource Management
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Functional Resource Management to join our Tax Practice.
- Help to ensure scheduling policies and procedures are followed and proactively work with Resource Management (RM) team to identify and resolve basic scheduling conflicts and trends; communicate issues to RM leaders as applicable
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the KPMG RM system and tools; utilize RM system and tools to efficiently generate analysis and reporting of key RM data; own the data accuracy in the tools supporting the RM function and team with the offshore team on various reporting needs; analyze and evaluate reports on utilization metrics and monitor staff progress toward chargeable hour goals
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and engage with client-facing professionals to understand the services and skills required for these professionals to successfully serve client engagements
- Work with RM colleagues and functional leaders to develop and administer onboarding and staffing services that effectively utilize and provide career opportunities to functional professionals
- Build strong relationships with client-facing professionals to become a known and reliable resource that understands both the development needs and assignment preferences of these individuals and can make client assignment decisions that balance development, business and personal needs
- Participate in practice-wide strategic initiatives and projects in support of resource management strategy
- Minimum two years of recent experience in one or more business related areas including: Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Resource Management, or general business operations
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookups and complex formulas
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Solid communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Ability to multi-task and set/manage priorities concurrently and meet deadlines with some supervision
California Salary Range: $66700 - $132400
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).