Director, Functional Practice Operations
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Functional Practice Operations to join our Business Tax Services organization.
- Provide strategic direction and guide coordinated tactical action plans of the infrastructure/operational processes supporting assigned Business Unit (BU), based on changing business needs, objectives, and strategies
- Oversee BU Support Team including Go To Market support and/or billing technicians coordinate/collaborate other Business Support Services including Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Recruiting, AOE, Sales Enablement team, Operations support
- Analyze relevant practice metrics for all Tax service lines within the business unit, working closely with MML's and LOTL's to ensure strategic objectives are met; make recommendations to leadership regarding strategic and tactical operational changes that can influence achievement of objectives
- Act as a thought partner to the BU PIC, helping to identify priorities and set business unit goals; revisit and assess progress to goals regularly, brainstorming and identifying solutions to challenges in achieving those goals
- Team with Human Resources on the process and delivery of annual employee Performance Management and Salary Review processes; serve as lead training coordinator lead for the business unit for local and national training in support of employee performance goals
- Plan partner and local leadership meetings, develop agenda and materials, participate in meeting and oversee resulting action items; identify and/or manage practice-wide, area/national practice wide, and national strategic initiatives or projects; participate on cross-functional national task forces and work streams as opportunities are presented; provide communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, internal presentations
- Minimum ten years of recent experience in one or more business related areas including finance, human resources, resource management, marketing or general business operations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in accounting, business administration, finance, human resources, or related field
- Prior experience as a direct supervisor for a staff consisting of different professional levels, including management
- Proficiency reading and analyzing Operating Statements (P&L)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and negotiating skills required
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and strategic advice to executive level management across all practice operational areas
California Salary Range: $164100 - $344300
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).