Director, Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy
Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director to join our KPMG Strategy practice.
- Serving as a key advisor, lead/direct enterprise-wide client engagements for turnaround and restructuring client work
- Drive analysis of data which could impact the liquidity and/or risk profile of a target company (such as historical financial and operating trends, quality of earnings, working capital considerations and potential liabilities/risks)
- Lead teams to understand/identify/create sophisticated financial forecast models
- Assess the company's long-term viability and businessstrategy, recommending and implementing a financial restructuring plan; Provide clear, concise verbal and written communication of findings/status with internal teams, target company representatives and client personnel
- Interface and assist in the negotiation process with various constituents involved in the engagement; assist in External and Internal networking with peer group and industry groups
- Minimum eight years of external consulting experience in a restructuring and/or transaction advisory services firm providing restructuring/turnaround services to distressed companies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university is required, preferably in Accounting or Business; CPA, CIRA or CTP certification is preferred
- Experience assessing long-term company viability and related business strategies, recommending/implementing financial restructuring plans, advising on business operations and organizational structures, as well as identifying key operational performance drivers, conducting cash flow forecasting, liquidity assessment and financial viability
- Experience in large scale project management, including planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Current knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Bankruptcy law/mergers and acquisitions, and financial modeling/reporting/planning
- Strong analytical, modeling and verbal/written communications skills; strong knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Applicants must be permanently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship or extensions now or in the future
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
California Salary Range: $206000 - $343400
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).