Director, Business Development (Oil & Gas)
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director to join our Business Development Organization.
- Develop, manage, and execute on account management strategies within the Energy space; to ensure KPMG is positioned to capitalize on opportunities by providing high-quality services at assigned account(s)
- Bring focus, energy, and go-to-market skills to support the continued growth of our business
- Capable of generating meetings and driving content-rich discussions at the executive level to discover needs and relate to our service capabilities; implement a sound process for moving from discovery to solutioning to booking
- Create leads and opportunities; manage the overall sales process; support end-to-end contracting including price and legal negotiations and risk management; assist with proposal development, focusing on the KPMG value proposition, key differentiators and win themes
- Meet booking goals and Key Sales Objectives at assigned account(s), report and measure progress against quarterly goals with national and industry leadership
- Coordinate relationship building activities with appropriate partners, engagement managers, subject-matter professionals, and other KPMG personnel on the engagement team(s)
- Minimum ten years of demonstrated business development, sales, and client management experience in professional services; requiring the management of corporate accounts with direct sales responsibility within the Energy industry
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence, and results
- Experience developing and leading relationship-building activities with C- Level executives
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new or ongoing business opportunities
- Ability to travel regularly
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).