Director, HR Business Advisor
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, HR Business Advisor to join our Talent & Culture organization.
- Lead as a key strategic advisor and provides counsel and support to respective client group on all HR processes for a BPG process leader that oversees a large process group at the Vice Chair level
- Provide strategic advisement and execution of key business talent priorities and initiatives
- Leverage analyses to plan and execute strategic recommendations on programs and HR initiatives, such as action items as a result of the annual Employee Survey or exit survey process; present insights to the client in context of their issues
- Establish HR programs, action items, and processes to ensure objectives are met and aligned with business objectives; stay informed and current on policies and procedures and any related changes, and ensures consistent application by the HRBA team to their clients
- Mitigate risk and liability, utilizing knowledge of and compliance with firmwide policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal requirements; consult with OGC as needed to determine appropriate resolution and/or escalation of matters; assess and provide guidance on business risk, and has the ability to mitigate that risk with the knowledge of their actions and how it impacts a larger organization
- Ensure that there is the full compliance of the firm's performance management process for their client group, providing counsel to management on how to effectively link business strategy to goal setting, and how to provide timely, meaningful feedback during the annual goal-setting, interim, and year-end review processes; lead discussion and process in the design, improvement, and implementation of mobility, succession management, and career development initiatives while developing tools to help leadership with future talent planning, and makes sure there is alignment with our inclusion and diversity objectives; direct the year-end performance assessment process and evaluation of promotions for their respective client groups; oversee the group's Salary Review process, making sure salary and incentive compensation guidelines are followed for employee and partner processes; collaborate with compensation liaison to update existing compensation benchmarking data, where applicable
- Minimum ten years of recent progressive HR experience with a comprehensive knowledge of HR related laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, or Business Administration, or relevant work experience; preferably a master's degree in an HR related field or PHR/SPHR certification
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR principles; knowledge of HR related laws and regulations; experience in employee relations, recruiting/interviewing and managing HR functions
- Ability to coach and train individuals in critical HR competencies; capable of developing clear and concise written communications; prepare performance documentation
- Possess creative problem-solving skills; ability to effectively negotiate with and influence clients; platform and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft; highly proficient in Microsoft office applications: Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).