Director, Business Development, State & Local
KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we do not anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Business Development, State & Local to join our Business Development Organization.
- Develop relationships with state government leaders, Commissioners and Director level executives of key agencies
- Generate opportunities, orchestrate the pursuit process and manage overall relationship building
- Coordinate relationship building activities with appropriate partners, engagement managers, subject-matter professionals, and KPMG personnel on the engagement team(s) to ensure they are well advised on important matters
- Meet specific business relationship goals at assigned accounts and report and measure progress against quarterly goals with national and industry leadership and performance manager; collaborate with the account leader to ensure alignment with the account strategy
- Assist with proposal development, focusing on the KPMG value proposition, key differentiators, and win themes
- Manage business opportunities at assigned accounts to help ensure KPMG is positioned to capitalize on opportunities by providing solutions which meet the client's needs
- Minimum ten years of recent demonstrated business development consulting experience including the management of government accounts; preferred experience working for or with the State of Texas
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in business or a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience and background in sales with a Big 4 accounting firm or major consulting organization is preferred
- Able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence, and results
- Experience developing and leading relationship building activities with State of Texas government clients; proven success in identifying, initiating, driving new or on-going business opportunities within the State of Texas or equivalent
- Ability to travel regularly
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).