Principal Cloud Architect
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Principal Cloud Architect to join our Digital Nexus Technology organization. This is a remote work opportunity.
- Be a subject matter expert in Public Cloud Infrastructure Architecture and Cloud Adoption Frameworks, Well-Architected Framework as it relates to compute, network, storage, and native SaaS/PaaS offerings
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Application Architects & Engineers to create architecture roadmaps and design product and services to meet business needs; team up with Cyber Security to protect KPMG's critical applications and data, adopt shift-left approach in each solution; liaise with other Architecture teams to develop solution designs and review alternative solutions for best fit
- Collaborate with DevOps to develop tooling and infrastructure for cloud development and cloud operations use cases, with a focus on AKS/microservices deployment and distributed systems monitoring and fault analysis; work with Identity & Access Management (IAM) on architecture strategies for migration to modern authentication; maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in cloud security
- Strategize with business and service lines to develop solutions based on a variety of criteria including a clear description of services, functionality, scalability, future proofing, and cost
- Lead pre-production readiness efforts, POCs, lab testing and knowledge transfer; work closely with engineering teams to accelerate software delivery
- Implement cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation and elastic sizing of environments and multi-tenant implementations; oversee the architecture and standards development for Azure Landing Zones, Landing Zone Accelerators, Azure Automanage, Azure Arc, & Enterprise-Scale Landing Zones
- Minimum eight years of recent experience designing, implementing, and operating secure architecture and reference architectures in public cloud
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; must have Azure fundamentals - AZ-900 and Azure Architect AZ-303
- Strong experience with adoption of CAF (Cloud Adoption Framework), adhering to principles of WAF (Well Architecture Framework) and demonstrated ability of Migrating applications to cloud using AMPP (Azure Migration Program)
- Expertise in core infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, network routing and security group/firewall management; extensive working knowledge of Azure products and services
- Detailed understanding of secure network and application design concepts and a demonstrated capability to integrate security tools with IT infrastructure such as proxies, mail servers, Active Directory, Identity and Access controls, workstations, and mobile devices; able to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a very dynamic environment with multi stakeholders from multiple lines of businesses that may having competing needs
- Strong understanding of optimization techniques to drive optimal cost structures for applications running in the Public Cloud; knowledgeable in all facets of compute, network, and storage as it relates to Public Cloud Architectures; US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).