Director, Digital Management, Information Architect
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Digital Management, Information Architect to join our Enterprise Data Services team.
- Lead the development and design of a data vision, strategy, and implementation path; champion alignment to the Information Architecture strategies, adherence to them, and the related commitments
- Assess the benefits and the risks of information by using tools such as business capability models to create an information-centric view to quickly visualize what information matters most to the organization based on the defined business strategy; create and manage business information models in all their forms, including conceptual models, relational database designs, message models and others; use tools such as business information models to provide the organization with a future-state view of the information landscape that is unencumbered by the specific data implementation details imposed by proprietary solutions or technologies
- Be the owner of data domains and create business value by insuring domain's completeness and accuracy as part of the Firm's Information Model; take accountability and responsibility for the domain's taxonomy via the Enterprise Information Model, as well as the Enterprise Lineage
- Contribute significantly to innovation that has impact and creates a high financial, client value, and efficiency impact within department; foster value creation using the organization's data assets, in addition to the external data ecosystem including value creation through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies, and enabling all forms of business outcomes through analytics, data and analytics governance, and enterprise information policy
- Promote the growth of the Information Architecture Role: Architecture of the Business of data; define and deliver on role's objectives; create and maintain partnerships with other Enterprise Architecture functions
- Manage an effective team dedicated to fulfilling the organization's mission through highly successful program implementation, team engagement, and continuous improvement while creating a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization; set goals, offer feedback, source developmental opportunities, and provide long-term career guidance to counselees and others across the department
- Minimum ten years of recent in-depth experience designing and implementing information or data solutions inclusive of experience with innovation and ideation methods, such as design thinking
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Expertise at the enterprise level of data modeling and information classification with knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques; understanding of the following: business domain, data/content and process, common information architecture frameworks, information models and metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, and the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources
- Familiarity with data science concepts, along with MDM, business intelligence, data lake and warehouse design and implementation techniques, as well as with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments; understanding of a variety of data access and analytic approaches (such as microservices and event-based architectures
- Practical experience implementing data and analytics management programs and experience as a data analyst are preferred; experience with data and business information modeling is preferred; strong knowledge of strategic solution delivery models to ensure products and/or services continue to innovate and to drive continuous improvement; advanced knowledge of the broader scope that frames the essential technical area of work with ability to use this knowledge to create incremental value and technical strategy
- Able to manage change and effectively communicate to teams; excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, presentation and negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; capability to foster the development of high performance teams; capable of building strong professional relationships with ability to influence all levels across the organization; must be able to set and execute strategic initiatives for team; creative thinker with ability to identify innovative business solutions; aptitude to develop strategic organization and resource plans, defining next generation business and leadership needs
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).