Manager, Digital Management, Information Architect
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Digital Management, Information Architect to join our Enterprise Data Services team.
- Support the development and design of a data vision, strategy, and implementation path
- Champion alignment to the applicable strategies, and adherence to them, the related commitments, the budget, and management of the risk
- Contribute to innovation that has impact and create a high financial, client value, and efficiency impact within department; foster value creation using the organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem including value creation through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies, and enabling all forms of business outcomes through analytics, data and analytics governance, and enterprise information policy
- Assess the benefits and the risks of information by using tools such as business capability models to create an information-centric view to quickly visualize what information matters most to the organization based on the defined business strategy
- Create and manage business information models in all their forms, including conceptual models, relational database designs, message models and others; use tools such as business information models to provide the organization with a future-state view of the information landscape that is unencumbered by the specific data implementation details imposed by proprietary solutions or technologies
- Interact regularly with delivery partners and/or department leaders; initiate ideas proactively to improve client service for a specific work product within a department; contribute to department or group objectives, strategy and priorities; set tactical plan for execution of strategic objectives; become a trusted advisor to clients and others within the firm to achieve the required goals and objectives
- Minimum five years of recent practical experience designing and implementing information or data solutions in a data organization
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Experience with innovation and ideation methods, such as design thinking; experience implementing data and analytics management programs is preferred; expert knowledge of data modeling and information classification; knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques; preferably experience as a data analyst, along with specific experience with data and business information modeling is recommended
- Understanding of business domain, data/content, and process; strong understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models and metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources
- Familiarity with data science concepts, alongside MDM, business intelligence, and data lake and warehouse design and implementation techniques; able to comprehend distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments; understanding of a variety of data access and analytic approaches, for example, microservices and event-based architectures
- Ability to manage change and effectively communicate to teams; outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, presentation and negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; aptitude to foster the development of high-performance teams; capable of building strong professional relationships with ability to influence all levels across the organization; creative thinker and skilled in identifying innovative business solutions
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).