Deskside Services Advisor II
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Deskside Services Advisor II to join our Digital Nexus organization.
- Perform troubleshooting/break-fix, configuration, distribution and implementation of PC and MAC laptops/desktops
- Deliver high-quality second-level service of the technology environment, management of tickets, asset management, and desktop service; communicate proactively with customers, from analysis through resolution, to keep them informed of status; provide follow-up on resolution to help make certain customer satisfaction
- Follow compliance processes related to preservation of chain of custody and tracking of designated hardware or components
- Act as a senior team member/escalation point and may be conferred with as a subject matter authority by other IT personnel
- Make certain timely escalation of customer issues by assigning appropriate priority level, escalating as necessary to management contacts and owning the issue through resolution; participate in the implementation of national IT projects IT process development and documentation efforts
- Apply a working knowledge of internal client-specific applications to troubleshoot issues; test and deliver patches, product releases and other firm-supported upgrades and enhancements
- Minimum three years of recent experience working with diverse infrastructure technologies including desktop, applications, LAN, WAN and servers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Capable of supporting client service professionals in various levels within the firm
- Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work; able to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
- Ability to work onsite 5 days/week, travel and provide on-call coverage on nights and weekends, as needed
- US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).