Senior Associate, Federal Data Scientist
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities and develop machine learning and data science solutions, utilize processes and best practices to plan, lead execute delivery of data analytics and AI engagements for state and federal government clients and work with government clients to manage risks, set expectations and ensure successful delivery of projects
- Work with clients and teams to lead to discover data sources and create data requests; collaborate with data engineers to develop and utilize the ETL process to ingest and enrich structured and unstructured data; leverage variety of data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, images, videos, voice, email, financial data and operational data
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns; perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, cluster analysis, collaborative filtering, sentimental analysis, language modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, etc.
- Develop skills in building and managing production - ready data science product lifecycles, continuous delivery and automation pipelines (MLOps), orchestration and model managements in cloud environments
- Rapidly learn and develop skills in utilizing cloud compute and storage resources and other on-prem and cloud-native services for data acquisition, management, transformation, model development and deployment
- Contribute in developing dashboards, UI and interactive tools to support clients to turn their data into actionable insights and reproducible reports
- A minimum of three years of developing data analytics, machine learning models (predictive models, classifications, cluster analysis, time series and forecasting, regularization, feature selection, NLP, computer vision, anomaly detection, etc.) and/or related data sensemaking solutions to glean insights form data
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or Engineer
- Ability to apply data science, AI, or machine learning techniques to achieve concrete business goals, ability to work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity and definitions); provide assistance and resolve problems, using solid problem-solving skills with strong verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, R, Java, SQL and their open source packages/libraries
- Familiarity with Big Data open sources tools
- Experience in leveraging cloud services or Cloud Certification (AWS Solution Architect, AWS Machine Learning, Google Data Engineering, Azure AI Engineer Associate) is a plus
- U.S. citizenship required with an active U.S. Federal government Top Secret/SCI security clearance
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the ranges displayed below or via the URL below are specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Available benefits are based on eligibility. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your mental health. Depending on job classification, standard work hours, and years of service, KPMG provides Personal Time Off per fiscal year. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year and provides two firmwide breaks each year where employees will not be required to use Personal Time Off; one is at year end and the other is around the July 4th holiday. Additional details about our benefits can be found towards the bottom of our KPMG US Careers site at “Benefits & How We Work”.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city outside of CA:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).