Associate, Facility Security
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Facility Security to join our Enterprise Security Services organization. This role is a hybrid work opportunity in the Tysons Office.
- Uphold excellent customer service and mission success for client-facing engagement teams through timely and effective management of all aspects of the security clearance processes
- Ensure KPMG's compliance with United States government security policies and procedures and effectively apply the 32 Code of Federal Regulations Part 117 National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) procedures and guidelines
- Manage the complete personnel security process for Public Trust Fitness, Secret and Top-Secret Clearances including review and submission of EFT fingerprint files, SF86s, SF85Ps, and agency specific documentation; utilize security database to capture personnel security actions and ensure data integrity in the Federal Security SIMS application; conduct clearance verifications and effectively discern a clearance holder's ability or inability to perform on a classified contract; complete Visit Authorization Letter (VAL) and utilize DoD's system of record to send/receive Visit Authorization Requests (VAR)
- Mentor and provide on-site support for physical security program, including possible infrequent alarm response to the McLean office
- Oversee administrative actions in multiple security programs and systems in accordance with firm and government guidelines
- Maintain high level of professional security expertise through training and participation in professional associations
- Minimum one year of recent security program experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain expeditiously
- Strong oral and written communication skills; must have experience using MS Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint; exceptional organizational skills, thorough, detail-oriented, strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills; capacity to work in a multifunctional position and dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and experience with utilizing the Defense Information Security System (DISS) and the Electronic Application (eAPP)
- Must be self-motivated and a proactive contributor; capability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling highly sensitive personnel security data
- US Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).